Men's Lacrosse Graduate Intern Assistant Coach
Graduate Intern Assistant Men's Lacrosse
Founded in 1869, Chatham University has an enrollment of over 2,200 students across over 60 undergraduate and graduate programs in our areas of excellence: sustainability & health, the arts & sciences and business & communications. Chatham has consistently been named a College of Distinction and a "Best College" by U.S. News & World Report, and--is the alma mater of environmental icon, Rachel Carson (Class of '29)--is perennially ranked as one of the greenest colleges in the United States by Sierra Magazine and the Princeton Review.
Chatham's mission is: "to prepare students to build lives of purpose, value and fulfilling work...by preparing graduates to be informed and engaged citizens in their communities; to recognize and respect diversity of culture, identity, and opinion; and to live sustainably." Building on this mission, Chatham is committed to creating a supportive and inclusive learning, living and working environment for all members of the campus community.
Chatham consists of the School of Health Sciences; the Falk School of Sustainability & Environment; the School of Arts, Science and Business; and the School for Continuing & Professional Studies.
Located in Pittsburgh, PA--one of the country's most livable cities and great college towns--Chatham is spread across three distinct locations: the historic arboretum, Shadyside Campus; Chatham Eastside in the fast-growing East End; and Eden Hall Campus, one of the world's most sustainable campuses.
Chatham University is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity. Women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. Chatham University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.
Reports to: Head Men's Lacrosse Coach and Director of Athletics
Classification: Graduate Intern Assistant
Description: This position is designed to give the qualified candidate hands on experience with all facets of an intercollegiate lacrosse program. This is a two-year position with the expectation of successful graduation from Chatham University with a Master's Degree.
- Follow all rules and guidelines set forth by the NCAA, PAC, Chatham University, and Athletic Department policies and procedures
- Assist the head coach in planning, coordinating, and directing practice and training sessions
- Recruit prospective student-athletes and use Front Rush software
- Supervise academic study hall sessions and other team events as assigned
- Assist with sport camps and clinics throughout the year
- Assist the strength and conditioning coordinator with implementation of program
- Assist with game planning and scouting reports for all opponents
- Assist with coordination of team travel and meals for road games
- Conduct skill development and film sessions with players
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Coach or Director of Athletics
- Maintain full time status in an eligible Chatham University graduate program
- Additional approval is required for entrance in graduate programs
- Experience working with a diverse student population
- Bachelor's degree required
- Previous experience in coaching preferred
- Participation in a college level lacrosse program preferred
- Ability to function effectively as a team member within the program and athletics
- Ability to conduct self in a productive, professional manner at all times, representing Chatham University at the highest level as a role model and mentor for our student
- Excellent communication skills as they relate to recruiting, working with parents, alumni, and current student
To ensure full consideration, please submit a cover letter addressing the qualifications of the position, resume, and contact information for three professional references .
Chatham University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh
- Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh