Assistant Director, Administration
Assistant Director, Administration
The AD will have full responsibility for oversight of EPI fiscal operations. This will include development of the annual budget in consultation with the Director and management team; review and approval of expenditures; and preparation of all required fiscal reports.
Planning and policy development
The AD will be a member of the EPI management team, with participation in planning and implementation of strategic plans; development of policies and procedures; and development of performance goals and measures for the Institute.
The AD will directly supervision EPI administrative and fiscal staff, in support of EPI core activities and the EPI Director. Will provide daily supervision and oversight; establish performance goals, objectives, and directives; and ensures that tasks align to meet short and long-term goals and objectives.
Together with Assistant Director, Operations, will have responsibility for ensuring that EPI programs and activities comply with university, state, and federal regulations; and will provide assistance, as needed, to investigators to facilitate compliance with these regulations. This includes the following specific responsibilities:
- Assuring compliance of EPI investigators with all relevant research-related training requirements;
- Assisting, facilitating, and assuring compliance of EPI investigators with protocols and procedures for biosafety, human subjects research, and institutional animal care and use;
- In collaboration with the Office of Research Integrity, providing assistance to investigators in assuring compliance with regulations associated with international research; and
- In collaboration with the Assistant Director, Operations, maintaining, updating, and renewing licenses and certifications necessary for research, export control, and movement of pathogenic micro-organisms at UF and between UF and national and international collaborators.
Responsibility for maintenance of an Institution-wide inclusive working environment that is free from discrimination and harassment.
Other duties as assigned.
Commensurate with education and experience.
Master’s degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and four years of relevant experience.
Relevant experience includes prior experience with fiscal management, and familiarity with dealing with regulatory compliance issues.
Prefer experience with fiscal management and compliance within the University System of Florida would be preferred. Ideal candidate would have a basic understanding of medical, public health, or biologic research. International experience would clearly be of value. Needs to be a team player, who can work well within the management team, and also serve as a friendly facilitator for investigators and their projects.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, applicants must provide a cover letter, resume, and a list of professional references.
A criminal background check is required.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required: Yes
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Other Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge