Student Employment | Federal Work-Study (FWS POOL)
A successful candidate will play an active role in FMU's academic programs and collaborate with staff and administration to ensure students and guests are provided with opportunities and services to help them succeed.
Federal Work-Study positions are very customer-service oriented. The student will be responsible for the following duties:
- Insure that all the front/desk/receptionist area presents a positive and welcoming appearance at all times. Greet all callers and visitors in a courteous and professional manner.
- Accurately receives and passes messages and respond in a positive manner.
- Upkeep of the phone/equipment and office inventory.
- Department responsibilities will vary, but not limited to participating in meetings, University-Wide events, and special projects assignment.
- The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that logically relate to the position.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Students must possess good office level communication skills, basic key boarding skills, and must have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- The student should have the ability to make entry level decisions and a willingness to ask questions. The student should also demonstrate responsibility, initiative, timeliness, and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential nature in the utmost professional manner. Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, initiative, resourcefulness, and personal accountability.
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills. Excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, and time management skills. Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse constituents.
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment is extremely important as well as dependability.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling objects of average-weight up to fifty (50) pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Note: In compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA), those functions of the job which are identified essential are required to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations. Requests to facilitate the performance of essential functions will be given careful consideration.
- Full-Time FMU student with a 2.0 cumulative GPA or higher and must be currently enrolled with a minimum of six (6) credits as an Undergraduate student or three (3) credits as a Graduate student during the Fall and Spring semesters.
- Ability to make entry level decisions and a willingness to ask questions. FWS student should also demonstrate responsibility, initiative, timeliness, and the ability to work independently.
- Technical Skills: knowledge of technology/office equipment and willingness to learn new information systems and software; proficiency in the use of computer applications and MS Office Suite (e.g., Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, as well as knowledge and understanding of organization structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
- Extensive hours and weekends will be required at times.
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background check and drug testing.
Qualified applicants are asked to upload a cover letter of interest, resume/curriculum vitae, and/or certifications, if applicable.
In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a list of three professional references (at least one from a previous employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Part Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Student Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Part Time jobs in Miami Gardens