Pool Research Intern (MVAC) (Pool)
MVAC Archaeology Technician
College of Arts, Social Sciences & Humanities
Description of College/Department/Program/Division/Unit
The College of Liberal Studies ( CLS ) includes departments and programs in the humanities, social sciences and interdisciplinary studies, as well as the School of Arts and Communication. CLS continues the established liberal studies tradition of providing many curricula leading to the Bachelor of Arts or the Bachelor of Science degree.
CLS is dedicated to providing quality instruction and learning experiences which prepare students for future education or careers and meaningful, responsible lives by fostering a climate of intellectual curiosity and creativity. Graduates of the college will have developed the ability to communicate effectively, to think critically, to conduct sound research, to understand global issues, to use knowledge in all aspects of life, to participate meaningfully as citizens, and to discover and apply worthwhile values.
CLS faculty and staff are committed to maintaining academic integrity and high ethical standards. CLS, through its faculty, students, and curricula, also is dedicated to advancing cultural diversity. Furthermore, by developing partnerships and encouraging professional connections, the college establishes its membership in the broader community.
The academic community within the College of Liberal Studies supports a strong general education program, nurtures exceptional disciplinary programs, and creates innovative interdisciplinary and international programs, which together promote lifelong personal and professional learning.
This position consists of assisting MVAC staff members in conducting archaeological surveys and excavations in the field and processing the artifacts in the laboratory.
95% – Archaeology field experience conducting surveys and excavations and processing the artifacts.
5% – Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Have taken a formal archaeology field school, and have additional field experience.
All the physical demands necessary to be able to complete archaeology field work.
Travel and overnights on occasion.
Additional experience as archaeology field crew supervisor.
Annual (12 Mo)
For your Reference Contact Information document, please include the names, email addresses and phone numbers of 3 professional references.
Please contact the Search and Screen Chair if you have a special need/accommodation to aid your participation in our hiring process.
Per UPS Operational Policy: TC 1, UW System requires reference checks related to sexual harassment and sexual violence to be conducted at a minimum with a final candidate’s most recent employer and with all previous UW System institution and State of Wisconsin agency employers from the past seven (7) years. https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/download/2018-12-10- UPS -OP-TC-1-Recruitment_FNL.pdf
UW-La Crosse does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact Human Resources at 608-785-8013.
Position Contact Name
Position Contact Email
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the
identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing,
except that the identity of the successful candidate will be
released. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).
- I prefer my identity remain confidential and have read and understand that if I am the successful candidate for this position, my name may be released.
- I do not request that my identity remain confidential.
- * Are you currently employed by or have you been employed by a
UW System institution or a State of Wisconsin agency during the
last seven (7) years? Please answer yes or no. If yes, provide the
institution or agency name, your supervisor and contact
information, including phone number and email address.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please provide your most recent employer, supervisor name and
contact information, including phone number and email address. (Per
UPS Operational Policy: TC 1, UW System requires reference checks
related to sexual harassment and sexual violence to be conducted at
a minimum with a final candidate’s most recent employer and with
all previous UW System institution and State of Wisconsin agency
employers from the past seven years.)
(Open Ended Question)
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Chronicle of Higher Education Web Site
- Discipline-Specific Publication/Web Site
- HERC Web Site
- HigherEdJobs.com Web Site
- Job Center of Wisconsin Web Site
- Minority Publication/Web Site
- University of Wisconsin - La Crosse Social Media (i.e. Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter)
- University of Wisconsin - La Crosse Web Site
- La Crosse Tribune
- Personal Referral
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Reference Contact Information
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in La Crosse
- Humanities Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in La Crosse
- Other Humanities Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in La Crosse
- Women's & Gender Studies Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in La Crosse
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in La Crosse