Pool Lecturer / Associate Lecturer - Finance (Pool)
Pool Lecturer / Associate Lecturer - Finance
College of Business Administration
Description of College/Department/Program/Division/Unit
The College of Business Administration is one of three colleges at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse. The CBA consists of six academic departments and one non-academic department which is the Small Business Development Center.
Six of the college’s seven academic programs are housed in an academic department (Accountancy, Economics, Finance, Information Systems, Management, and Marketing) except for the International Business program which is managed by the CBA International Business Advisory Committee ( IBAC ). There are eight majors and seven minors in the undergraduate curriculum. The college also has a Master of Business Administration ( MBA ).
The CBA has an outstanding reputation for the high quality of its faculty, programs, staff, and most importantly its students. The CBA is fully accredited by AACSB International (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) – the premier national and international accreditation authority. The college maintains active collaborations within the region and community and with numerous educational institutions in Europe, Asia, and elsewhere.
The College of Business Administration maintains an active Assurance of Learning Program to ensure both the undergraduate and graduate programs are assessed and evaluated on a regular basis to foster successful student learning. The planning and assessment efforts are guided by a task force of knowledgeable and enthusiastic faculty and instructional academic staff. Assurance of Learning supports the AACSB accreditation principles of accountability and continuous improvement.
Under general supervision of department chair, a person in this position is responsible for teaching undergraduate and/or graduate courses. In addition to preparing for and holding classes [face-to-face, hybrid, and/or online], teaching involves maintaining currency in the content area related to the teaching assignment, evaluating students’ work, assessing student outcomes, maintaining appropriate records, and holding office hours. In addition, workload may involve advising students and/or providing other service to the department. Other duties may be assigned by the chair or dean.
The instructor should be able to teach one of the following Finance areas in addition to various other finance topics TBD .
- Principles of Financial Management
- Personal Finance
- Master’s Degree in Business or related field [except in rare circumstances where post-baccalaureate certification or licensure or a baccalaureate plus experience can be established as appropriate qualifications for the teaching position].
- Demonstrate skills and willingness to teach effectively in higher education.
- Business/work experience in finance area needed
- College-level coursework in Finance beyond the introductory course or industry experience having finance responsibilities
- Responsibility for educating others using lecture or other instructional format
- Commitment to student growth and development
- Excellent academic performance (e.g., grades, awards)
- Willingness to provide service to the department, college, university, profession and community
- Willingness and ability to support collegial work environment
Academic (9 Mo)
For your Reference Contact Information document, please include the names, email addresses and phone numbers of 3 professional references.
Please contact the Search and Screen Chair if you have a special need/accommodation to aid your participation in our hiring process.
Per UPS Operational Policy: TC 1, UW System requires reference checks related to sexual harassment and sexual violence to be conducted at a minimum with a final candidate’s most recent employer and with all previous UW System institution and State of Wisconsin agency employers from the past seven (7) years. https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/download/2018-12-10- UPS -OP-TC-1-Recruitment_FNL.pdf
UW-La Crosse does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact Human Resources at 608-785-8013.
Position Contact Name
Dr. Taggert Brooks, Department Chair
Position Contact Email
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the
identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing,
except that the identity of the successful candidate will be
released. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).
- I prefer my identity remain confidential and have read and understand that if I am the successful candidate for this position, my name may be released.
- I do not request that my identity remain confidential.
- * Please provide your most recent employer, supervisor name and
contact information, including phone number and email address. (Per
UPS Operational Policy: TC 1, UW System requires reference checks
related to sexual harassment and sexual violence to be conducted at
a minimum with a final candidate’s most recent employer and with
all previous UW System institution and State of Wisconsin agency
employers from the past seven years.)
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you currently employed by or have you been employed by a
UW System institution or a State of Wisconsin agency during the
last seven (7) years? Please answer yes or no. If yes, provide the
institution or agency name, your supervisor and contact
information, including phone number and email address.
(Open Ended Question)
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Chronicle of Higher Education Web Site
- Discipline-Specific Publication/Web Site
- HERC Web Site
- HigherEdJobs.com Web Site
- Job Center of Wisconsin Web Site
- Minority Publication/Web Site
- University of Wisconsin - La Crosse Social Media (i.e. Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter)
- University of Wisconsin - La Crosse Web Site
- La Crosse Tribune
- Personal Referral
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Reference Contact Information
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in La Crosse
- Business & Management Not specified Part Time jobs in La Crosse
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Part Time jobs in La Crosse
- Business Administration Not specified Part Time jobs in La Crosse
- Other Business & Management Not specified Part Time jobs in La Crosse