Summer Elective Instructor (Pool)
Summer Elective Instructor
Diversity and Inclusion
Description of College/Department/Program/Division/Unit
The primary role of the Division of Diversity and Inclusion is to ensure that diversity, in its many forms, is understood, respected, and valued. The Division advocates for access, equity and inclusion while encouraging critical dialogue, thinking, and meaningful educational interactions on campus and in the community. The Division includes the following departments: Campus Climate, ACCESS Center, Diversity and Inclusion, Multicultural Student Services, Pride Center, Student Support Services, and Upward Bound.
Upward Bound is housed under the Division of Diversity & Inclusion. The Upward Bound (UB) program at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse is a federally-funded TRiO program dedicated to the preparation for, admission to, and successful completion of a college degree for eligible (first-generation and/or low-income) high school students with weekly tutoring; semester programming covering test prep and/or test anxiety, advocacy and being resourceful, college and career exploration, development in leadership, study, and work skills and more; academic, personal, and career advising; college visits; and a summer residential program which allows students to get a close to a college experience as possible and job shadows and much, much more. With the guidance and support from our staff and tutors we work closely with students to ensure they are on track for high school graduation as well as being prepared for college. UB students are four times more likely to graduate from college than their peers from similar background.
Under the general supervision of the Assistant Director of Upward Bound, this position is responsible for planning, coordinating, and instructing an elective activity (i.e.: Painting, Hip-hop Dance, Cooking, Yoga, Arts & Crafts, etc.) twice a week in the evenings to high school student participants in the Upward Bound program during the 5-week residential Summer Program.
• High school diploma.
• Demonstrates expertise in subject area.
• 2+ years experience coordinating activities and/or programs.
• License or certification in subject area.
• Multilingual and knowledgeable of Hmong and/or Spanish language, culture and values.
For your Reference Contact Information document, please include the names, email addresses and phone numbers of 3 professional references.
For your Optional Other Document, please include any relevant certifications.
Please contact the Search and Screen Chair if you have a special need/accommodation to aid your participation in our hiring process.
Per UPS Operational Policy: TC 1, UW System requires reference checks related to sexual harassment and sexual violence to be conducted at a minimum with a final candidate’s most recent employer and with all previous UW System institution and State of Wisconsin agency employers from the past seven (7) years. https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/download/2018-12-10- UPS -OP-TC-1-Recruitment_FNL.pdf
UW-La Crosse does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact Human Resources at 608-785-8013.
Position Contact Name
Lisa Yang, Director of Upward Bound
Position Contact Email
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the
identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing,
except that the identity of the successful candidate will be
released. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).
- I prefer my identity remain confidential and have read and understand that if I am the successful candidate for this position, my name may be released.
- I do not request that my identity remain confidential.
- * Please provide your most recent employer, supervisor name and
contact information, including phone number and email address. (Per
UPS Operational Policy: TC 1, UW System requires reference checks
related to sexual harassment and sexual violence to be conducted at
a minimum with a final candidate’s most recent employer and with
all previous UW System institution and State of Wisconsin agency
employers from the past seven years.)
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you currently employed by or have you been employed by a
UW System institution or a State of Wisconsin agency during the
last seven (7) years? Please answer yes or no. If yes, provide the
institution or agency name, your supervisor and contact
information, including phone number and email address.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate which elective activity or activities you are
interested in coordinating and instructing (i.e. Painting, Hip-hop
Dance, Cooking, Yoga, Zumba, Arts & Crafts, etc.).
(Open Ended Question)
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Chronicle of Higher Education Web Site
- Discipline-Specific Publication/Web Site
- HERC Web Site
- HigherEdJobs.com Web Site
- Job Center of Wisconsin Web Site
- Minority Publication/Web Site
- University of Wisconsin - La Crosse Social Media (i.e. Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter)
- University of Wisconsin - La Crosse Web Site
- La Crosse Tribune
- Personal Referral
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Reference Contact Information
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in La Crosse
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in La Crosse
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in La Crosse
- Student Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in La Crosse
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Part Time jobs in La Crosse