Equity Coordinator for ANDALE
About Oakton Community College :
For 50 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies. Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life for everyone who enters its doors.
Paid winter break
FRIDAYS OFF during the summer
Basic Function and Responsibility:
The Equity Coordinator for ANDALE is a professional within the Office of Access, Equity, and Diversity and responsible for developing and implementing critical initiatives designed to support the college's LatinX student population. Additionally, this position supports the functions of the Office of Access Equity and Diversity (OAED) and the Center for Campus Inclusion and Diversity (CCID).
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide day-to-day implementation of the ANDALE
- Plan, implement, and assess program components and
- Coordinate meetings of the ANDALE steering
- Manage the financial resources of ANDALE with assistance from
- Develop online and print resources to market the programs and
services that ensure events are adequately publicized to maximize
- Facilitate collaborative partnerships with faculty and other
departments to execute program components.
- Communicate with LatinX students regularly during the academic year about student success opportunities.
- Assist in the planning and execution of educational programs
and campus events that promote a diverse intellectual and social
- Serve as a resource person for students, faculty and staff for
issues pertinent to the Hispanic/Latino community.
- Maintain ANDALE marketing and media presence, including web
pages and social media.
- Coordinate academic, co-curricular, and campus educational
efforts that centralizes the unique and complex experiences of
LatinX student population.
- Create new initiatives, which identify and connect to current
local, national, and global equity-related trends and issues, with
particular attention being paid to anti-racism, anti-bias, and
student organizational development.
- Coordinate program assessment and continuous improvement
initiatives with the intention of identifying and closing equity
gaps for the LatinX student population at Oakton.
- Coordinate organizational presence and participation at
identified campus-wide enrollment events and programs (i.e. Student
Orientation, Admitted, LatinX Teen College Success Program,
Commencement, OSLCI departmental initiatives, etc.).
- Submit an annual report to the AVP at the conclusion of the
- Develop partnerships with existing campus initiatives serving
traditionally underrepresented student populations (i.e. TRIO,
Service Learning, Financial Aid, etc.).
- Empower student leaders to plan, develop, and execute cultural
celebrations and social justice programming.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year institution (or
expected completion by August 2020), or an equivalent combination
of training and experience from which comparable knowledge and
abilities can be acquired is required.
- Experience in diversity training/education
- Knowledge and experience with programming initiatives and
support services related to diversity, inclusion and student
- Knowledge of past and current social trends affecting marginalized/non-majority students.
- Fluency in Spanish.
- 2-3 years of experience in higher education or related
- Master's degree in in Counseling Psychology, Student Personnel,
Higher Education or related field.
- Experience with advising and counseling students and recognized
- Experience with leading or coordinating campus-wide student
- Academic and/or student development advising.
Mobility to move from building to building on-Campus and to visit off-Campus entities. Work is performed in a general office environment and is sedentary in nature. Little or no exposure to adverse working conditions.
Administrative supervision is received from the Director of Student Life & Campus Inclusion. Functional supervision is received from the Manager of Student Life & Campus Inclusion.
Functional supervision may be exercised over student employees.
HOURS: Monday - Friday 8:15 am - 5:00 pm
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of, at least, three (3) professional references with contact information prepared to submit with your application. One (1) of the references must be your most recent, direct supervisor.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and participation in its educational programs, college activities and services, or in its employment practices.
Posted positions may be removed from the Oakton website without notice when it is determined that no additional applicants are required.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Plaines
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Plaines
- Counseling Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Plaines
- Disabled Student Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Plaines
- Minority & Multicultural Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Plaines