Pool Associate Lecturer - Biology (Pool)
Pool Associate Lecturer - Biology
College of Science and Health
Description of College/Department/Program/Division/Unit
The mission of the College of Science and Health is to provide an outstanding education in the diverse disciplines of science, health, and mathematics. The College is dedicated to student learning where enthusiastic faculty and staff intellectually challenge students in a supportive and professional environment. Fundamental to our mission is the belief in the value of education in the liberal arts and sciences and the creation of new knowledge. The College offers an outstanding academic and cultural environment for the university community and beyond.
Our vision is to be a premier comprehensive institution, excelling in both undergraduate and graduate education. We will provide academic programs that attract high-achieving students on a regional, national, and international basis. The College will have an outstanding reputation for the quality of its students learning, faculty and staff, state of the art facilities and technology, scholarly achievements, and community and professional service.
Under general supervision of department chair, a person in this position is responsible for teaching undergraduate and/or graduate courses. In addition to preparing for and holding classes [face-to-face, hybrid, and/or online], teaching involves maintaining currency in the content area related to the teaching assignment, evaluating students’ work, assessing student outcomes, maintaining appropriate records, and holding office hours. In addition, workload may involve advising students and/or providing other service to the department. Other duties may be assigned by the chair or dean.
Master’s Degree [except in rare circumstances where postbaccalaureate certification or licensure or a baccalaureate plus experience can be established as appropriate qualifications for the teaching position].
For your Reference Contact Information document, please include the names, email addresses and phone numbers of 3 professional references.
Please contact the Search and Screen Chair if you have a special need/accommodation to aid your participation in our hiring process.
Per UPS Operational Policy: TC 1, UW System requires reference checks related to sexual harassment and sexual violence to be conducted at a minimum with a final candidate’s most recent employer and with all previous UW System institution and State of Wisconsin agency employers from the past seven (7) years. https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/download/2018-12-10- UPS -OP-TC-1-Recruitment_FNL.pdf
UW-La Crosse does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact Human Resources at 608-785-8013.
Position Contact Name
Dr. Michael Abler, Department Chair
Position Contact Email
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the
identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing,
except that the identity of the successful candidate will be
released. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).
- I prefer my identity remain confidential and have read and understand that if I am the successful candidate for this position, my name may be released.
- I do not request that my identity remain confidential.
- * Are you currently employed by or have you been employed by a
UW System institution or a State of Wisconsin agency during the
last seven (7) years? Please answer yes or no. If yes, provide the
institution or agency name, your supervisor and contact
information, including phone number and email address.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please provide your most recent employer, supervisor name and
contact information, including phone number and email address. (Per
UPS Operational Policy: TC 1, UW System requires reference checks
related to sexual harassment and sexual violence to be conducted at
a minimum with a final candidate’s most recent employer and with
all previous UW System institution and State of Wisconsin agency
employers from the past seven years.)
(Open Ended Question)
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Chronicle of Higher Education Web Site
- Discipline-Specific Publication/Web Site
- HERC Web Site
- HigherEdJobs.com Web Site
- Job Center of Wisconsin Web Site
- Minority Publication/Web Site
- University of Wisconsin - La Crosse Social Media (i.e. Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter)
- University of Wisconsin - La Crosse Web Site
- La Crosse Tribune
- Personal Referral
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Reference Contact Information
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in La Crosse
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Part Time jobs in La Crosse
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Part Time jobs in La Crosse
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in La Crosse
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in La Crosse