Head Women's Lacrosse Coach
The Head Women's Lacrosse Coach is r esponsible for all facets of the Women's Lacrosse program - organization, management, coaching, recruiting, retention, and budget preparation. Teaching and additional duties may be assigned by the Director of Athletics.
- Bachelor's Degree, Master's degree preferred.
- Experience in organizing, recruiting, developing and motivating players and assistant coaches, including recruiting success at the collegiate level
- Thorough knowledge of NCAA regulations required.
- Commitment to retention and academic success of student-athletes.
- Direct all phases of the Women's Lacrosse program.
- Adhere to and enforce policies of Athletic Department at Alfred University, the Empire 8 Conference, the ECAC, and the NCAA.
- Oversee recruitment and selection of student-athletes.
- Promote academic progress of student-athletes by working closely with support groups on campus.
- Ensure compliance with NCAA and Alfred University athletic department guidelines for contacting and hosting student-athletes.
- Monitor eligibility status of team members.
- Manage and maintain balanced budget.
- Schedule and conduct regular practice sessions as permitted by NCAA rules and regulations.
- Work with scheduling coordinator on future schedules.
- Participate in public relations activities including speaking engagements, interviews and press conferences.
- Monitor student-athlete behavior in the residence hall and off campus.
- Fulfill teaching responsibilities.
- Maintains a safe working environment within and around their facilities and associated equipment and supplies including, but not limited to, obtaining Safety Data Sheet (SDS) information pertaining to any hazards associated with their work environment.
- Safety: Participate in safety training and comply with safety rules, regulations, and protocols.
- Perform additional duties and assist with special projects as assigned.
Alfred University actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee, student or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, physical or mental disability, religion, ancestry or national origin, marital status, genetic information, military or veteran status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction status, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Protected veterans, minorities and women are encouraged to apply.