Environmental Health and Safety Manager
The Environmental Health and Safety Manager is responsible for all aspects of the University's Environmental Health and Safety requirements: training, regulatory compliance (EPA, OSHA, DEC, etc.), inspections, etc. They will assist in preparation and distribution of local, state, and federal reporting, tracks MSDS/Chemical system.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 3-5 years in chemistry or Environmental, Occupational Safety field, regulatory compliance and office management.
- Familiarity in EH&S area (EPA, OSHA, DEC, etc.).
- Excellent organizational skills. Excellent interpersonal skills, fluent with all aspects of Microsoft Windows applications.
- Daily work processes require ability to move and function throughout the campus. Some lifting of heavy objects required.
- Supervises the activities of the EH&S group, including, where applicable, EH&S Coordinator, EH&S Technician and WS and NWS student workers.
- Trainings - assists with EH&S training, scheduling, equipment setup, materials preparation, examination distribution and corrections, tracking of all trainings in EH&S Access database.
- Responsible for management of campus solid, hazardous, universal, electronic and regulated medical waste streams to include: packing and loading, scheduling pickups, invoice processing and business management of hazardous waste, inventory management, record keeping, filing state reports, signing and tracking manifests, oversee central and satellite accumulation areas, assure campus compliance for hazardous waste handling, work with employees and students regarding proper waste handling procedures, collect, inspect and dispose of dump materials.
- Organize AU action requests, compile forms, files, notebook.
- Participate as member in Alfred University Safety Committee in order to learn and disseminate pertinent information to campus community.
- Inspect all safety aspects of campus, including but not limited to, eyewashes, showers, fume hoods, fire extinguishers, oil drums, grease pits, emergency equipment, building emergency egresses, emergency lighting, first aid kits, blood borne pathogens kits, and construction areas. Compile date, track changes, notify appropriate person of needed corrective actions, follow-up on all corrective actions.
- Manage AU Chemical Inventories System. Assist with data entry intoMSDSelectronic filing system. Provide MSDS assistance to other divisions and departments as needed.
- Assist with AU Respirator Fit-Testing to employees.
- Assist with and update programs, policies, and procedures. Participate in safety training and comply with safety rules, regulations, and protocols.
- Attend all required EH&S trainings in order to expand knowledge of local, state, and federal regulations, disseminate new knowledge to AU faculty, staff, and students
- Miscellaneous - budgets and tracking, noise monitoring, issue Health and Safety alerts, update safety rules for employees, help coordinate campus AU Reuse clean-outs and student run REPO building, 24-hour Emergency Response Team member (training and availability), general correspondence, telephone, office management, assist with coordination of Tier II Report.
- Foster Lake - answer phones, membership distribution, flyers, etc.
- Assist with general office duties, filing, answering phone, recording information, greeting employees and patrons, mailings, record keeping, updating manuals.
- Maintains a safe working environment within and around their facilities and associated equipment and supplies including, but not limited to, obtaining Safety Data Sheet (SDS) information pertaining to any hazards associated with their work environment.
- Safety: Participate in safety training and comply with safety rules, regulations, and protocols
- Perform additional duties and assist with special projects as assigned
Alfred University actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee, student or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, physical or mental disability, religion, ancestry or national origin, marital status, genetic information, military or veteran status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction status, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Protected veterans, minorities and women are encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Alfred
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Alfred
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Alfred
- Facilities Management & Physical Plant Not specified Full Time jobs in Alfred
- Safety & Security Not specified Full Time jobs in Alfred