Post Doctoral Fellow - (STA006373)
Possesses, understands, and applies a comprehensive knowledge in area of specialization. Develops understanding and skills to allow for completion of assignments that cross fields of specialization. Develops leadership and management skills.
- Receives/Reviews progress and evaluates results of experiments or projects under control or supervisory responsibility.
- Recommends changes in research, testing or experimental procedures.
- May be responsible for a single highly technical and complex piece of research equipment.
- May review and evaluate the effectiveness of personnel.
- May plan for and assign personnel to projects under control.
- Operates with latitude for unreviewed action.
- May receive general supervision conferring with higher levels only in unusual situations.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
Additional Job Posting Information:
Possesses, understands, and applies a comprehensive knowledge that crosses fields of specialization. Understands and uses effective management techniques.
1. Designs and implements research projects, area models, and analysis of Census data and other sources
2.Deploys data visualization software for maximal presentation effects
3. Assists community partners with data gathering
4. Assists IRWGS faculty researchers with their data processing and analysis
5. Performs statistical analysis, utilizing data management systems and statistical analysis software
6. Coordinates team activities and assists in supervision of project graduate students
7. Operates with considerable latitude for unreviewed action
8. Conducts literature reviews
9. May personally conduct important or technically complex investigations
10 . Develops and deploys study materials, survey tools, web-based surveys, participant incentives and intervention tools
11. Collaborates on research articles and contributes to research paper submissions
12. Develops effective ppt presentation materials for meetings with external stakeholders and sponsor agency
13. Communicates and coordinates effectively with external and internal stakeholders in writing, in person and over the phone
14. Other duties as assigned
We are recruiting a social science researcher as a research analyst / data manager for the UH Institute for Research on Women, Gender & Sexuality. The individual holding this position will serve a critical role in carrying out research, analyzing and managing data in collaboration with our diverse multidisciplinary team of investigators and stakeholders, both in the larger Houston community and within the University. The individual must possess skills in data visualization and such programs as Stata, SPSS and R. S/he must be familiar with intersectional gender and sexuality policy dynamics and preferably have experience in research in these areas.
Doctoral and No experience
Requires singular knowledge of a specialized advanced professional discipline or the highest level of general business knowledge, normally acquired through attainment of a directly job-related terminal degree or equivalent formal training in a recognized field of specialization that is directly related to the type of work being performed.No experience is required.
This position could be a research opportunity for candidates transitioning from Ph.D. completion to a faculty position and will provide opportunity to work on a range of data analyses related to gender and sexuality in Houston and Texas.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Statistics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston