Financial Advisor/Literacy Educator
Posting Number AS171P Position Title Financial Advisor/Literacy Educator Contract Length 12 months Class Summary
As a Hispanic Serving Institution ( HSI ), College of the Mainland was awarded a Title V Hispanic-Serving Institution Program grant award from the U. S. Department of Education ( USDE ). The incumbent will continue to develop and modify the financial literacy program for the institution and will manage a peer outreach program
Candidates Eligible to Apply Internal/External Position Type Non-Exempt Staff Employment Status Full Time Position Funding Type Regular
Bachelor’s degree and two (2) years of progressive student services experience.
Minimum Knowledge & Skills
• Knowledge of federal, state, and institutional financial aid programs and requirements
• Student Services (Admissions, Advising, Registration) processes
• Financial literacy topics
• Business software programs
• Course content and objectives
• Use of computers and related software application programs
• Management skills
• Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey the information and to receive work direction
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
1. Develop and present financial literacy activities on and off campus using various media (online, instruction, workshops, etc.).
2. Coordinate and manage the student peer financial aid advisor program.
3. Work with scholarship staff to serve as the financial aid resource at area schools for presenting financial aid sessions and promoting financial literacy activities.
4. Assist students with financial aid/financial literacy issues.
5. Perform other duties of a similar nature or level.
Frequent walking, standing, climbing, stooping, bending, kneeling, and reaching, heavy lifting and carrying. Ability to operate hand, power, and bench tools. Work in tiring and uncomfortable positions; outside and inside; on slippery or uneven walking surfaces; on ladders, and scaffolding; and around machinery with moving parts. Exposure to hot and cold temperatures, and excessive noises.
Minimum Salary Range $42,172 Mid Point Salary Range . Maximum Salary Range $52,715 Posting Open Date 09/03/2020 Posting Close Date Posting Will Be Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant EEO Statement
College of the Mainland is an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, disability or veteran status.
College of the Mainland does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of faculty and staff, and the operation of its programs and activities, as specified by federal laws and regulations within Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and 1992.
Quick Link to Share for Direct Access to Posting http://jobs.com.edu/postings/2309 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a bachelor's degree?
- * Are you available to work in the evening (6 pm to 10 pm)?
- Cover Letter
- Transcripts (1 of 3)
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City
- Financial Aid Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City