Director of Institutional Effectiveness
NATURE OF WORK
The Director reports to the Vice President of Institutional Effectiveness, and is responsible for integrating planning, organizing and coordinating assessment, institutional research, and institutional effectiveness. The Director of Institutional Effectiveness provides leadership to support a culture in which assessment, continuous quality improvement, and planning activities are integrated, understood and practices in ways consistent with the University vision, mission and values. In addition, this position performs highly advanced research work that involves leading the development of research students to inform decision making and planning; designs and carries out research studies that contribute to the institution's decision-making capacity and mission; include the use of data visualizations and strategic analytics in preparing reports of the findings; oversees and participates in the institution's data collection, surveys, and reporting for a variety of purposes and audiences; and develops and/or maintains databases, programs, and documentation, as necessary, to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
1. Master's Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Educational
Research, Social Research, Psychology or Education Administration
2. Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in data analysis, statistical analysis, and qualitative research methods.
3. Supervisory experience preferred.
4. Experience in an institutional research or business intelligence setting at a University.
5. Demonstrated knowledge of research design, sampling, modeling, statistical analysis and data interpretation including creating reports and presentation of results and recommendations.
6. Experience analyzing and preparing data sets for IPEDS, the Common Data Set and other required official University reporting.
7. Strong analytical and organizational skills, detail oriented, and ability to relate to a variety of individuals.
8. Excellent written and oral communication skills, time management skills, and the ability to meet deadlines.
9. Solid computer skills with experience using word processing and spreadsheet software.
10. Experience with data visualization or business intelligence software (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, etc.) and statistical software (e.g. SPSS, R, etc.)
11. Successful completion of background information.
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF WORK
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Oversees, plans, develops, and monitors research projects including in-house and national surveys, end of course evaluations, and focus groups.
2. Assists with facilitating the College's institutional effectiveness processes.
3. Collaborates with units on development and assessment of unit goals and outcomes.
4. IPEDS data reporting and coordinates institutional response for external surveys.
5. Supports University and individual program accreditation processes.
6. Evaluates and reviews the scope and methodologies of research projects and areas to be evaluated.
7. Develops and reviews policies and procedures in conducting and administering research and assessment activities.
8. Performs statistical analysis using SPSS to interpret results and findings.
9. Develops queries for data extraction utilizing tools such as Argos and SQL Developer.
10. Provides graphic and numerical display of information for presentation to a variety of audiences.
11. Reacts to and manages changes in priorities and workload.
12. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.