Science Instructor, Machine Learning University
Do you feel passionate about democratizing machine learning through education? Do you know how to balance speed, quality, experimentation, rigor and fun? Would you like to deliver high-impact educational experiences that empower builders? If you have the creative guts to "surprise and delight" our learners, we want to talk to you. We are looking for forward thinking teammates who are ready to collaborate, innovate and help modernize the way all technologists learn ML. If you want to bring your whole self to work every day, join MLU! We have several positions open for science educators at different levels in flexible locations throughout the US.
Our mission is to make machine learning (ML) accessible to
anyone, anywhere, anytime through education. We believe strongly
that a practical knowledge of ML can be taught broadly, and is a
key skill for many builders to learn. Come join Amazon’s Machine
Learning University and help spread knowledge of ML!
We are building a team of passionate educators with the demonstrated ability to explain ML to an audience of technical professionals, enhance curriculum, and coordinate with other instructors. Practical experience with machine learning is key to ensure content is up-to-date, practical and engaging. This is a full-time role where you will constantly be challenged to learn and be curious about ML.
On our team, you would:
· Teach classes inside Amazon to a wide-range of students across Amazon
· Develop open-source curriculum designed to provide a practical knowledge of ML. This includes lectures, videos, demos, and assignments (find an article about our latest release here: https://www.amazon.science/latest-news/machine-learning-course-free-online-from-amazon-machine-learning-university)
· Collaborate with scientists across Amazon to continuously understand and integrate advances in ML into the curriculum
We will consider candidates from anywhere within the US without the requirement to relocate. Let’s bring ML to everyone and demystify and democratize technology together!
· MS degree or equivalent in data science, computer science,
machine learning, mathematics, or related field
· Working knowledge of at least one programming language, with demonstrable experience developing machine learning solutions in that language
· 1 year teaching experience in a technical topic in either an academic of business setting
· Experience teaching machine learning
· Knowledge of Python and associated ML libraries, particularly NumPy, Pandas, Matplotlib, Scikit Learn, and a deep learning framework (MXNet, PyTorch, Tensorflow, etc.)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Seattle
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Seattle
- Computer Sciences & Technology Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Seattle
- Engineering Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Seattle
- Mathematics Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Seattle