Builds and maintains a work environment that promotes trust and engagement of competent team members and providers. Partners with Operational Leaders, team and various support departments to create a safe practice environment for diagnostic testing and achieve goals in the areas of patient experience, quality, access, employee engagement, revenue cycle, financial performance, physician satisfaction, care coordination, patient and employee safety, EHR regulatory compliance, e-Health and other initiatives.
- Demonstrates competence in practice and collaborative leadership, communication and professionalism in supporting adhering to and administering established Baylor College of Medicine policies.
- Models the Mission, Vision, Values, Code of Ethics and Standards of Excellence of Baylor College of Medicine Faculty Group Practice (BCM FGP).
- Ensures that practice operations and team members are knowledgeable of and in compliance with applicable regulatory, licensing and accrediting agency standards.
- Assures clinic performs based on standard best practice with a patient centric work flow while maintaining high standards of care. Recognizes and acts on opportunities for growth and improvement. Translates goals into departmental specific objectives and priorities.
- Communicates timely and effectively with team members to exchange information and provides regular performance feedback.
- Implements clinic communication strategies and promotes effective communication dialogue with providers and staff through regularly scheduled staff meetings and other means of communication.
- Analyzes data with physician co-leader, using data to work collaboratively with providers, other team members, patients and vendors to continually enhance performance and positively effecting clinical outcomes and patient satisfaction.
- Actively initiates and monitors plans for ramping up new providers joining designated clinic(s).
- Demonstrates fluency in EPIC, effectively implementing and monitoring utilization of the tool for improved preventive medicine and disease management practices.
- Maintains clinical operations during computer downtimes, inclement weather, and other unplanned events.
- Assumes responsibility for the recruitment, onboarding, and orientation of qualified clinic managers and staff
- Works to provide effective practice environment by mentoring and developing team members through continuing education, credentialing and continuing professional development, and mutual goal setting.
- Manages practice by improving utilization of resources, and maintaining practice efficiency while seeking to minimize operational costs. Assigns duties and determines staff work schedules based on competencies of available staff and patient/practice needs.
- Oversees and evaluates clinical equipment, supply, and pharmaceutical needs and requests.
- Oversees the daily operations of the practice with the physician Medical Director to include: clinical work-up, treatment and flow of patients, capture of clinical information in EPIC, and proper coding and charging of services.
- Comprehends key performance indicators that include: no show/late cancellation rate, phone call lag time, space utilization, provider investment of time and schedule utilization, UHC wRVU targets per given specialty vs. your department/division performance, and coding patterns per provider. Monitors trends for designated area(s) and implements prompt changes in process(s) when required.
- Works in collaboration with providers, and designated team members in practice setting and corporate support areas in preparation of internal and external reporting, budgeting, forecasting, capital budgeting, and financial modeling.
- Primarily responsible for delivering an outstanding patient experience for every patient every time. If a patient concern or complaint is presented, it is addressed within 24-48 hours. Ensures clinic maintains minimum overall Press Ganey mean score rank standard as set by The College.
- Works with physician leadership and business development to evaluate and develop strategies for growth and outreach. Attends Baylor, FGP, and department meetings.
- Bachelor's degree in Healthcare, Business, and Accounting or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- One year of relevant experience in a related medical setting as a team leader.
- Master's degree in a related field.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.