This position requires a trained bioinformatician, preferably with experience in programming and method development, genomics and next generation sequencing. The proposed focuses on enhancing our understanding of Metagenomics in the context of multiple species and diploid genome. We are looking for an enthusiastic, driven team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills. There will also be opportunities to contribute to other projects at the Human Genome Sequencing Center (HGSC) that drive novel discovery in areas of human health and precision medicine in both Metagenomics and complex diseases.
• Performs in-depth sequence analyses on large genomic datasets.
• Applies existing/ develop novel bioinformatics software to both well- defined and novel genome analysis problems.
• Researches, assesses, and customizes third-party bioinformatics software.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston