Disclaimer: The filling of this vacancy does not constitute employment with the State of Connecticut or Central Connecticut State University and therefore, is not entitled to any State of Connecticut employee benefits.
CCSU Foundation, Inc.
Central Connecticut State University Foundation, Inc, a non-profit, eleemosynary organization, located in New Britain, Connecticut, invites applications for a part time Financial Assistant vacancy. This position reports to a CCSU Foundation Finance Director.
Summary Position Description
This position is responsible for performing a variety of basic accounting tasks plus a full range of administrative and support functions that support the Finance Director of the CCSU Foundation, Inc. These responsibilities require basic bookkeeping and financial record keeping skills along with strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Prepares all Foundation deposits, disbursements and transfers and insures conformance to Foundation policies.
- Performs bookkeeping and basic accounting activities such as maintaining, balancing, and reconciling the general ledger and cash accounts for an interrelated group of accounts.
- Responsible for accounts receivable or accounts payable processing including varied and complex procedures and activities.
- Prepares expenditure data for budget preparation.
- Ensures that expenditures plus encumbrances are within appropriation limits.
- Reviews routine expenditures for compliance with itemized budgets.
- Performs purchasing functions including preparing and processing purchase orders and requisitions, authorizing routine purchase orders, and preparing requests for proposals.
- Works closely with Foundation auditors during annual audit and preparation of financial statements and Form 990 tax return.
- Performs related duties as required.
Administrative and Secretarial Support
- Prepares a full range of correspondence, reports, bills, drafts, etc. from rough draft, transcription, dictated notes, etc.; proofreads for content; edits using knowledge of grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Organizes and maintains files (including confidential files); maintains, updates and reviews reference materials and manuals.
- Composes draft gift agreements, complex letters and/or memoranda, requests for proposals to obtain contractual services, etc. for s upervisor's signature.
- Attends all Foundation Board of Directors and Committee meetings, takes notes and prepares minutes.
- Researches and assembles information from a variety of sources and prepares statistical analyses; may assist the Finance Director in analyzing information and making recommendations to the Foundation Board.
- Compiles policies and procedures as developed and maintained by Finance Director into a published document. Updates document as appropriate.
- Screens letters, memos, reports, and other materials to determine action required; makes recommendations to supervisor.
- Performs related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability
- bookkeeping, financial record keeping and basic non-profit accounting principles and practices
- basic procedures of budget preparation and control
- considerable ability in arithmetic computations
- ability to understand audited financial documents
- ability to understand and apply statutes and regulations
- ability to utilize EDP systems for financial management
- basic interpersonal skills
- strong oral and written communication skills (with emphasis on business communication) including superior knowledge of proper grammar, punctuation.
This is a new position for the Foundation. Hours for the position will begin at 20 – 30 hours per week with the future potential of converting full time.
The CCSU Foundation, Inc. was created in 1971, at the request of the Central Connecticut State University, as a vehicle to obtain private contributions to support educational programs and research at CCSU. Incorporated under the laws of the State of Connecticut, the nonprofit, eleemosynary organization is governed by an independent Board of Directors which includes members of the faculty, the student body, the alumni, and the general public. The Foundation is a separate legal entity from CCSU. As such, employees of the Foundation are not CCSU employees.
Pay will be $25 - $30/hour depending on the experience and qualifications of the successful candidate.
Application and Appointment
Recruitment is open until filled. Priority consideration will be given to applications received by October 14, 2020 .
To begin the application process, click on the Apply button. Please submit the following in one document:
- Letter of Interest addressing the qualifications for this position
- Current résumé
- Names of three current professional references with title, email addresses and telephone numbers
Please redact any personally identifiable information (i.e., Social Security number, date of birth, marital status, country of origin) from any documents submitted. Please ensure your Social Security Number is not listed on any documents submitted.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Mailed applications will not be accepted.
For more information, contact Daniel Johnson, CCSU Foundation Finance Director at email@example.com.
Central Connecticut State University Foundation, Inc. actively seeks and encourages applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status. The CCSU Foundation, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in New Britain
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in New Britain
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in New Britain
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in New Britain
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in New Britain