Advancement Services Coordinator
- The Advancement Services Coordinator will be responsible for processing all gifts and pledges that are received by the University. This position will coordinate and oversee all elements of the acknowledgement process and work closely with the Advancement Services Director to ensure accurate constituent data, regular reporting, and a donor-centric approach to stewardship and communications. Furthermore, this position works in constant collaboration with all members of the Institutional Advancement team – including Annual Giving, Alumnae Relations, Campaign and Major Gifts, and Grants – as well as with colleagues in the Business Office and the President’s Office.
- Accurately enters all charitable gifts and pledges from donors to the University in Raiser’s Edge, Notre Dame’s constituent management database. In conjunction, provides an electronic daily report of processed gifts to Institutional Advancement staff and the Business Office.
- Responsible for coordination of all routine and special acknowledgements and receipts to donors for gifts. This includes drafting and regularly updating stock letters, receipts, and acknowledgements, as well as executing the tactical steps, including merging, printing, acquiring signatures, saving/copying/scanning, and mailing all related correspondence.
- In keeping with donor-centric principles, responsible for ensuring that all gift receipts have no more than a 48 hour turn-around time.
- Works closely with the Advancement Services Director, and Associate Vice President for IA r to coordinate all special and major gift acknowledgement letters.
- Works closely with the Director of Corporate, Foundation, and Government Grants and the Grants Assistant to properly acknowledge and receipt corporations, foundations, and government agencies.
- Enters and tracks acknowledgement, pledge, and gift processing actions in the Raiser’s Edge database. Additionally, tracks all appeals and appeal responses in Raiser’s Edge, working in collaboration with the Advancement Services Director, the Director of Stewardship, and the Annual Giving Manager.
- Responsible for address and basic constituent information updates, including updating deceased donors, working to secure current addresses for all returned mail, and updating Raiser’s Edge with new information provided by donors in their correspondence. This also includes updating new employee information, terminations, and address changes for faculty and staff in Raiser’s Edge.
- Ensures that all check copies, pledge forms, acknowledgements, letters from donors and accompanying paperwork for gifts are filed electronically and, for any gift over $250, in the hard copy files in Institutional Advancement.
- Maintains an up-to-date gift processing and acknowledgement policies and procedures document.
- Works with the Associate Vice President for Advancement, the Advancement Services Director, the Director of Stewardship, and University staff to ensure all gifts are accurately allocated in accordance with donor wishes and recorded according to University policy and IRS regulations.
- Works with the Advancement Services Director to generate and execute pledge reminders for both the annual fund and multi-year, major gift pledges.
- Assists the Advancement Services Director with running basic reports and lists for Institutional Advancement and the University community for mailings, e-mailings, and travel.
- Processes all Reunion registrations and tracks alumni reunion giving in consultation with the Director of Stewardship and the Annual Giving Manager.
- Works with the Director of Stewardship to manage and update Notre Dame’s online giving pages, which are managed through NetCommunity.
- Responsible for all central filing (hard-copy files).
- Manage and oversee student employees, including their data projects and tasks.
- Actively support Advancement Services and Institutional Advancement in being data-driven through proactive updating and reporting, as well as to promote a culture of transparency, efficiency, and helpfulness to both the internal and external Notre Dame community.
- Performs such similar, comparable or related duties as may be assigned or required.
- This is a part-time, 24 hour per week position.
- Knowledge: Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience: Prior experience in development setting and knowledge of charitable giving and donor relations is preferred.
- Skills/Aptitude: Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, specifically Word and Excel is required; previous experience in Raiser’s Edge preferred. Must be detail-oriented and be able to independently manage own work-flow and tasks. Must have proficient organizational skills and excellent writing skills. Requires the ability to work effectively with various offices on-campus, as well as provide top-notch customer service to donors and campus partners. Ability to manage multiple projects effectively in a fast-paced environment also a requirement.
- Working Conditions: Normal office environment. Evening and weekend hours occasionally required.
- Preventing Exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens
- Title IX
- Hazard Communication Right to Know
- Active Shooter
- Office Hazards
- Mission Orientation
Notre Dame of Maryland University does not discriminate in offering equal access to its educational programs and activities or with respect to employment terms and conditions on the basis of age, ancestry, color, creed, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or protected veteran's status. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policy: Greg FitzGerald, Chief of Staff, Notre Dame of Maryland University, 4701 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21210, 410-532-5109.
For all other employment inquiries, please contact Human Resources at 410-532-5898 or email@example.com . Notre Dame of Maryland University is an EEO/AA employer.
All applicants must submit:
Contact information for 3 professional references
Questions can be directed to the hiring manager, Anne Malone at amalone1@ ndm.edu
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Baltimore
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Baltimore
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Baltimore
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Part Time jobs in Baltimore
- Development & Advancement Not specified Part Time jobs in Baltimore