Posting Number 2021009 Posting/Functional Title Accountant II University Pay Plan Title Accountant II Location San Marcos Department Accounting Office Recruitment Type Open to All Job Type Full-Time Monthly Salary $3,105.00-$3,789.00 Job Category Exempt Required Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.
1. Twelve hours or more in accounting coursework from an accredited college or university plus qualifying experience as described below.
2. Knowledge of professional standards, financial reporting, and accounting theory.
3. Organizational skills, ability to prioritize competing projects, and consistently meet deadlines.
4. High level of problem-solving ability and strong attention to detail.
5. Strong oral and written communication skills.
6. Ability to work effectively and independently with all levels of staff and management.
7. Extensive experience with and proficiency in Excel.
8. Demonstrated knowledge of automated accounting systems.
9. Ability to extract and work with large data sets.
10. Reconciliation preparation experience.
1. A bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Accounting, Finance, or a related business major with 12 or more hours of accounting coursework.
2. Experience with governmental accounting GAAP requirements.
3. Certified Public Accountant (currently licensed)
4. Experience with the preparation of financial statements or supporting schedules.
5. Familiarity with state Comptroller AFR Reporting Requirements and/or state property accounting guidelines.
6. Familiarity with NACUBO financial accounting and reporting guidelines.
7. Experience with capital asset accounting.
8. Experience with an ERP system ( SAP, Banner, Peoplesoft, or USAS ).
9. One year of experience with financial accounting, reporting, and analysis.
Responsible for ensuring the proper recording, auditing, reconciliation, and reporting of financial transactions in compliance with governmental GAAP .
• Reconcile the capital asset management system and corresponding general ledger accounts in accordance with state property guidelines;
• Track and report construction costs by project and funding sources;
• Maintain records related to bond proceeds and draws;
• Follow capital project life cycle from initial project request to classification as a final asset;
• Perform the monthly, quarterly and annual close process relating to capital assets;
• Review and analyze general ledger accounts for integrity as well as compliance with applicable principles, standards, guidelines, policies, and procedures;
• Identify, substantiate and document required adjustments;
• Prepare and submit various moderately complex journal entries;
• Extract data, analyze financial transactions and reports;
• Prepare spreadsheets and graphs to facilitate interpretation of data;
• Participate in or lead monthly expense review meetings;
• Prepare periodic financial statements and reports;
• Assist with the completion of the Annual Financial Report ( AFR ) in accordance with governmental GAAP and the state Comptroller’s AFR Reporting Requirements;
• Work as a team member to facilitate cross-training and perform duties necessary to the effective operation of the department.
Additional Information to Applicants
CANDIDATES MUST CLEARLY INDICATE HOW THEY MEET THE MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION . THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM MUST BE COMPREHENSIVE AND COMPLETED IN ITS ENTIRETY, INCLUDING WORK HISTORY . FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION OF CONSIDERATION FOR THIS POSITION .
Some evening and weekend hours are necessary, with peak amounts of overtime during September and October for preparation of the annual financial report and fiscal year-end close-out.
Candidates should be prepared to bring a certified academic transcript if called for an interview.
Job Open Date 09/14/2020 Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight) 10/12/2020 Open Until Filled No Normal Work Days Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday Normal Work Hours Start 8:00AM Normal Work Hours End 5:00PM Posting Notices YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A COVER LETTER. Legal and Required Notices
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE .
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
Why work @ Texas State?
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great training and development opportunities: choose from a variety of classroom and online course offerings, learning resources, certifications, and employee educational support programs.
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.
Quick Link http://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/33721 Applicant Document
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation #1
- DD 214/DD1300
- Veteran's Preference
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos