Washburn Institute of Technology seeks applications for adjunct GED instructors to begin immediately. There is a day time and evening adjunct opportunity available.
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of teaching experience.
- Master’s degree and experience in secondary education. Experience teaching mathematics.
- Adopt the curriculum used by the GED program; prepare lesson plans and instruct students through individual instruction and/or small group instruction; and at times via zoom or online delivery of instruction.
- Perform effectively in the learning environment by being
prepared, maintaining discipline, and engaging students in the
- Take daily attendance, submit weekly, and follow up with students who have missed class without communication.
- Collect and analyze student performance data with the Director of the Advantage Center and the ABE Coordinator.
- Evaluate student learning and adjust instruction as needed.
- Maintain records of student progress and contribute to the documentation of the GED program for the mandatory grant reports.
- Participate in recruitment and orientation efforts as needed.
- Complete mandatory training offered through the Kansas Board of Regents.
- In addition to these essential functions, these instructors are expected to adhere to college and University policies and to perform additional job-related duties as assigned or as appropriate.
- Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply submit a letter of interest, resume, copies of transcripts, copies of current credentials, and the names and contact information of three professional references to email@example.com . Please use “Tech Instructor – GED instructor” in the subject line. The successful candidate will be required to submit to a background check prior to hire. Official transcripts are required once hired.
Washburn is dedicated to providing a student-centered and teaching focused academic environment and a curriculum that engages the diversity of human experience across the globe. We seek candidates who are committed to Washburns efforts to create a climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented in higher education. Application materials should clearly articulate how the candidate will contribute to the Universitys commitment to diversity and inclusion through their teaching, research, and/or service.
Washburn University is an EOE. Washburn University provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or marital or parental status.