Financial Aid Coordinator
The Financial Aid Coordinator provides financial aid counseling and administrative support duties to facilitate the operation of the Financial Aid department.
- Provide advice, counsel and support to students and families concerning financial aid options, including FAFSA completion, grants, scholarships, loans, and work study.
- Meet with students and/parents in person (walk–ins and appointments) or correspond via email and/or discuss over the phone financial aid questions and concerns.
- Serve as an expert on financial aid policies and procedures, such as FAFSA completion, institutional, federal and state aid programs and eligibility, federal and private loan information and requirements.
- Coordinate the process of creating and distributing financial aid and scholarship packages to individual students.
- Supervise assigned student workers. Interview, hire, train, oversee work performed, and verify hours worked.
- Process related financial aid documents to facilitate the awarding of scholarships, grants and other institutional, federal and/or state financial aid. Assist in the collection and review of documentation relating to FAFSA verification, financial aid appeals, and other institutional, federal and/or state financial aid programs.
- Assist with audits, compliance, reporting and data management.
- Requires education generally equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Requires 1 to 3 years of experience in Financial Aid and/or related administrative activities.
REQUIRED SKILLS, ABILITIES AND/OR LICENSURE
- Requires excellent customer service including oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with employees, students, parents, faculty members and alumni.
- Requires the ability to use a personal computer and word processing and spread applications.
- Requires knowledge of and the ability to use a variety of standard office equipment such as a telephone and computer keyboard.
Founded in 1847, Carthage College combines an environment of reflection and self-discovery with a culture of high expectation, so that our students uncover and ignite their true potential. As a four-year private liberal arts college with roots in the Lutheran tradition, we place a strong emphasis on both moral and intellectual values. Our prime location in Kenosha, Wisconsin, midway between Chicago and Milwaukee, allows students the opportunity to learn in a professional context. Our beautiful campus, an 80-acre arboretum on the shore of Lake Michigan is home to 150 scholars, 2,600 full-time students, and 400 part-time students. Our rich academic experience equips students with foundational knowledge and skills, preparing graduates to be lifelong learners and to lead meaningful, productive lives.
Carthage College is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse community. We welcome applications from a broad spectrum of people, including members of ethnic minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation,national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.