Secretary/ Library Assistant
Summary: Coordinate and maintain library acquisitions, accounting records, department files and reports. In conjunction with the Public Services Library Associate, Provide customer service and assist Director of Learning Resources center with records, orders, invoicing, and other library related functions by performing the following duties:
1. Process and record all invoices and forward for payment.
2. Create all records for new books and media in Sierra ( Library Online Catalog) Acquisitions module.
3. Provide circulation desk assistance: check LRC materials in and out, holds, and renewals for library users, and assist patrons with circulation and ready reference questions or concerns.
4. Generate and process all library purchase orders including books, supplies, repairs, etc.
5. Records and monitors expenditures against accounting monthly reports.
6. Update and maintain LRC weekly schedule for Staff.
7. Type a variety of material including but not limited to correspondence, memos, requisitions, reports, LRC minutes, procedures, posters, updating record, etc.
8. Assist with overall orderliness of the LRC physical space, LRC's files, reports and records.
9. Maintain reserve book collection.
10 Other duties as assigned by learning Resources Center Director and Library Faculty.
11. In Conjunction with all other personnel, support and advance the vision and mission of the university.
Competencies: To Perform the job successfully, and individual should have excellent organizational skills and be able to prioritize and plan work activities while managing competing demands and still giving attention to details. Must be a team player, have good oral and written communication skills, excellent customer service and interpersonal skills. Ability to react well under pressure.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Minimum requirement of High School diploma or general education degree (GED); one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination on education and experience. College and/or Library experience preferred.
Computer Skills: Computer Experience required, including Excel, Word and Outlook
Physical Demands: The Physical demands described here of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform to essentials functions .While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hand and fingers, reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear to answer phones, work on computers, use office equipment, reach for files, documents, pens, pencils, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision to read and write report and use the computer. Must occasionally stoop or kneel to perform filing duties. Ability to lift up to 30 pounds is desirable.
Work Environment : The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to dust, and occasional wide fluctuations in room temperature. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and occasionally loud.
Note: This job description in no ways states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed the employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties to be performed the employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Chesterfield
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Chesterfield
- Librarians & Library Administration Not specified Part Time jobs in Chesterfield
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Chesterfield
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Part Time jobs in Chesterfield