Requisition Number S419P Home Org Name Property Management Scvs Division Name Student Affairs Position Title Custodian I/II Job Class Code NA12A/B Appointment Status Full-time Part-time FTE Limited Term No Limited Term Length Job Summary
Custodian performs basic housekeeping functions for University buildings.
1. Cleans University buildings to ensure that facilities are in suitable condition for activities, which may include (but not limited to) mopping and waxing floors, washing windows, dusting, and trash disposal.
2. Maintains equipment and supplies in order to complete task.
3. May assist in building inspections to determine if custodial care is needed.
4. May assist in arranging tables and chairs for special events.
Education Level Ability to read and write Field of Study Years of Experience None required for entry level Area of Experience
Experience in custodial floor care techniques.
Requirements for Additional Job Levels
Consideration for Level I requires the ability to read and write.
Consideration for Level II requires the ability to read and write plus 2 years of experience.
Education Level Field of Study Years of Experience When a candidate has the required education, but lacks the required experience, they may normally apply additional appropriate education toward the experience requirement, at a rate of one (1) year relevant education per year of required experience Area of Experience Requirements for Additional Job Levels
Minimum Skills and Abilities Minimum Technology Skills Minimum License and Certifications
Salary Grade 25 Salary Range $16,700 - $30,600 Job Category Building/Grounds Maintenance Working Hours if Non-Traditional List any hazardous conditions or physical demands required by this position Posting Date 09/14/2020 Closing Date EEO Statement
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER . It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Special Instructions to Applicants Quick Link for Internal Postings http://www.auemployment.com/postings/19407 Documents Needed to Apply
Required DocumentsOptional Documents
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How were you made aware of this opportunity?
- AU Employment website
- Employment websites (Indeed, HigherEd Jobs, etc.)
- Veterans Assistance Services
- Disability Assistance Services
- Professional Journal
- HR email
- Social Media
- State Employment Service
- * Please select the answer that best describes your current
employment relationship with Auburn University.
- Not a current Auburn employee
- Current Auburn employee in position less than one year
- Current Auburn employee in position more than one year