Posting Number S01293 Position Title Office Associate Internal Position Title Office Associate Department WPDI-Operations Position Type Staff Job Family Classified Job Summary
The Workforce and Professional Development Institute ( WPDI ) is Lake County’s leading provider of skill development training programs for individuals, employers and entrepreneurs. The Part Time Office Associate provides critical customer support for current and potential students and clients to ensure their success. Specifically, this part-time position provides standard and advanced customer service and clerical support to WPDI’s departments of Talent Development Services, Professional Development, & SBDC / ITC, with an emphasis on supporting corporate training efforts of the Talent Development Services department. It requires customer service experience, the use of discretion, customer service skills and knowledge of college and departmental policies and procedures. This position is under the supervision of the Talent Development Services Manager.
The College of Lake County ( CLC ) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers in the State of Illinois for 2019.
1. High school diploma or equivalent required.
2. Strong computer and internet skills, including basic keyboarding, MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer or similar.
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
4. Proven ability to work effectively with individuals and teams from diverse backgrounds and professional responsibilities.
5. Strong organization skills with the ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
6. Customer service experience in a business to consumer (B2C) and/or business to business (B2B) environment.
Ability to sit and interact with public (over the phone, email, or in person) continuously, and walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, twist, lift (0-50+ lbs), carry (0-50+ lbs) and push (0-300 lbs) occasionally.
1. Previous office experience at a community college or institution of higher learning.
2. Customer service experience in a setting providing education and training to individuals and employers.
3. Conversational Spanish or bilingual in Spanish.
Posting Date 11/16/2020 Closing Date 11/23/2020 Expected Start Date Special Instructions Summary Pay Rate $15.17/hr. Full-Time/Part-Time Part-Time Location Grayslake Total Hours per week 24.00 Work Schedule
M, T, W, Th – 9:00am – 2:00pm
F – 9:00am – 1:00pm
May vary as needed.
Software Testing Required None Interview Process Requirements None EEO Statement
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Summary of Essential Functions
Student/Customer Service (45%)
1. Provides phone coverage through the Automated Call Delivery ( ACD ) system, resolving routine inquiries from students, staff and faculty, responding to external and internal inquiries about classes and registration, and forwarding questions to appropriate personnel or departments as needed
2. Directs students and customers on registration and payment procedures
3. Refers people to the correct source of assistance within the College as needed
4. Registers participants, both in person and by phone, for workshops, classes, training and events
5. Makes phone calls to convey messages to students, staff and faculty, including but not limited to class changes, cancellations, new classes, etc.
Dept operations/processes (45%)
1. Provides clerical support to the department by preparing, compiling, and distributing various correspondence, agendas, emails, faculty and contractor contracts, course materials, course evaluations as well as other documents and reports as needed
2. Organizes, updates and maintains office files, records, etc.
3. Handles ordering, organizing and logistics of TDS training materials
4. Inputs registration information into WPDI database, utilizes 25Live to schedule rooms and catering, works in Class Climate for course evaluation generation and reporting, and maintains Outlook calendar of events
5. Communicates with clients for fulfillment of training materials and follow-ups
6. General data entry and editing for maintenance of TDS materials
1. Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. Promotes a positive work environment by treating internal and external customers with courtesy and respect
2. Follows all institution and regulatory policies, procedures, and standards. Utilize self-appraisal to determine progress in meeting performance management system objectives and career goals.
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a high school diploma or equivalent?
- * Do you have strong computer and internet skills, including
basic keyboarding, MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer or
- * Do you have customer service experience in a business to
consumer (B2C) and/or business to business (B2B) environment?
- * Do you have previous office experience at a community college
or institution of higher learning?
- * Do you have customer service experience in a setting
providing education and training to individuals and employers?
- * Are you conversational in Spanish or bilingual in Spanish?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake