Project IMPACT Facilitator
University Code 21111 University Title Case Manager 1 University Job Family Health Sciences ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Single Title Scope of Search Local Working Title Project IMPACT Facilitator Position Number 590740 Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Surgery Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
To provide program facilitation for a multidisciplinary, hospital-community based educational outreach program which strives to reduce and prevent unintentional injuries and bring awareness about the realities of trauma and high risk behaviors.
Description of General Responsibilities:
• Under the direction of the VCU Health Injury and Violence Prevention Program ( IVPP ), will work with the IVPP team, VCU Health System volunteers and community partners to deliver Project IMPACT programs to area high schools.
• Will work with law enforcement, EMS and other first responders to coordinate Project IMPACT
• Will work with VCU Health nurses and nurse leadership to recruitment volunteers for impact events
• Will develop appropriate learning modules to fit the needs of each individual high school climate.
• Will create promotional materials to market Project IMPACT ; including working with VCU public relations on media arrangements.
• Will conduct sustainability activities related to all aspects of Project IMPACT
• Will work with and identify other IVPP staff members to deliver specialized content including trainings for certification or requiring specialized medical knowledge.
• Will represent IVPP within community based coalitions related to injury prevention.
Minimum Hiring Standards
• Bachelor’s degree in social work, education, public health or other related field
• Ability to work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team, community partners and school personnel.
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Dependable transportation required
• Demonstrated experience working with community partners
• Excellent public speaking skills; especially with large groups and teens
• Ability to work in a diverse environment required
Preferred Hiring Standards
• Background in education or curriculum building is preferred
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range $47,465 Application Process/Additional Information Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours M-F, Occasional Evening/Weekend Job Open Date 09/14/2020 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Medical/Clinical Is this a restricted position? Yes Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position Yes- A pre-employment fingerprint background check will be required. Resource Critical No Quick Link http://www.vcujobs.com/postings/100611 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond