Division Chair - Social Science
St. Catherine Universityinvites applications for
aDivision Chairof ourSocial Science Division. This is
a 12-month, faculty position where rank and wage will be determined
by qualifications. Disciplines represented in Social Science
include Communication Studies, Critical Studies of Race and
Ethnicity, Economics and Political Science, Psychology, Public
Policy, Sociology and Women’s Studies.
TheDivision Chair of Social Scienceserves as a transformational leader and mentor to faculty colleagues, as a collaborator with other university departments and leaders, and as an advocate for the Social Science Division. The Division Chair will provide leadership with vision, direction, and inspiration in order that the highest level in teaching, research and service activities in the division are realized. Beyond maintaining a mission driven program, the Division Chair is ultimately responsible for guiding the department’s programs, enrollment, curricular quality, assessment, and faculty scholarship/service.
Based in the Twin Cities of St. Paul and Minneapolis, Minnesota, St. Kate’s is home to a diverse group of nearly 5,000 students in a wide array of disciplines and degree levels. At its heart, the legacy of its founders, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet (CSJs), informs every facet of this private Catholic university. The Division Chair will lead based on values inspired by the Sisters, including those of community, spirituality, and social justice. Responsibilities include:
- Lead and manage the division including strategic planning,
curriculum development, support for instruction and research,
budget preparation and management, course planning and scheduling,
faculty contracts, and other operational
- Establish an agenda which has innovation and growth at its
center with a vision for shaping the division and each department
in ways that support equity and access.
- Help facilitate the development of new strategies for increased
student enrollment, retention and success, including
- Lead accreditation and assessment efforts and successfully
collaborate with faculty to strengthen academic
- Understand the spectrum of pedagogies and practices within the
- Collaborate with faculty to highlight the liberal arts pedagogy
within the division’s curriculum.
- Foster a culture of inclusive excellence through authentic
relationships with students as an educator, an advisor, and a
- Develop and maintain key strategic partnerships.
- Doctorate in a discipline represented within the Social Science
- Three years of administrative experience as a college or
university department chair or program director.
- Three years of experience leading or facilitating college or
- Experience leading diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Experience using digital tools for teaching and
- A demonstrated record of scholarship.
- Three years of experience leading organizational
- Experience writing successful grants.
- Experience successfully leading an accreditation process (e.g. Professional Educator Licensing Standards Board).
Consistent with the university’s Catholic identity, its commitment to women, diversity, inclusion, social justice, and dedication to a liberal arts based curriculum, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their teaching, research, service and accomplishments. EEO Statement
St. Catherine University is an equal opportunity employer. Our commitment to inclusion reflects the central value of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet to “love of neighbor without distinction” and provides a learning and working environment that is enriched by the diversity of all our members. Individuals of religious, racial, ethnic, gender identity, nation of origin, or disability groups that have traditionally had less representation in higher education are encouraged to apply. Should you need an interview accommodation please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-690-6565.To Apply and Special/Other Requirements Summary
Visit https://www.stkate.edu/careers to apply! Submit a letter
of interest, addressing, as appropriate, the issues and desired
qualifications outlined in this profile. Include a current resume
or CV showing relevant responsibilities and accomplishments, and
the names and contact information of five references and the
candidate’s relationship to each reference. References will be
called at a later stage and only with the candidate’s
foreknowledge. The deadline for applications isOctober 11,
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace / Tobacco Free Workplace
Our university is a proud member of the Upper MidwestHERCand is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- *Please indicate your highest level
of completed education.
- High School diploma / G.E.D.
- Certificate program
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree
- PhD or other doctorate level degree
- *In which area of the social sciences
is your doctoral degree represented?
- Communication Studies
- Critical Studies of Race and Ethnicity
- Economics and Political Science
- Public Policy
- Women's Studies
- *How many years of administrative
experience do you have in a college or university setting?
- *What administrative titles did you
hold that represent your college or university leadership?
(Open Ended Question)
- *Give us an example of when you have
led a diversity, equity and inclusion initiative?
(Open Ended Question)
- *Please give an example of when you
have led organizational change.
(Open Ended Question)
- *Are you presently legally authorized
to work in the United States for any U.S. employer? Please be aware
that St. Catherine University is only able to consider candidates
who are authorized to work in the United States.
- *St. Catherine University welcomes
applications from candidates who are traditionally
under-represented. We are happy to consider candidates who are
currently in possession of a temporary work visa, however, please
be aware that we do not offer H1-B sponsorship. Will you now or in
the future require an employer to sponsor you for an
employment-based visa/status in the U.S. (e.g. H-1B status)?
- *Can you perform the essential
functions of this position with or without accommodation?
- *How did you hear about this
- St. Catherine University Website
- St. Catherine University employee referral
- Newspaper - Star Tribune paper
- Newspaper - Star Tribune web
- Community agency
- Newspaper - Pioneer Press paper
- Newspaper -Pioneer Press web
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document 1
- Other Document 2
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Humanities Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Women's & Gender Studies Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Social Work & Human Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul