Accountant II - (STA006379)
Performs professional accounting work responsible for a major business area, such as student billing system, Federal Title IV programs, and so forth.
- Maintains the accounting of a major business area, including
table maintenance, submission, reconciliation of data feed, account
reviews and corrections.
- Ensures that all system-related transactions are made in
accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and
federal, state, university and NACUBO guidelines.
- Prepares journal entries to correct FRS records; conducts
monthly reconciliations; prepares cash receipts for cash received
through Electronic Funds Transfer; review transfers to state or
federal agencies; may calculate and record the reserve for bad
- Assists college/department business administrators with
questions relating to the accounting activity.
- Conducts contract compliance review to ensure adherence to
terms and conditions of agreements.
- Prepares recurring financial reports for state and/or federal
agencies and may prepare Profit and Loss Statements.
- Advises manager on accounting issues and may coordinate office
activities in the manager's absence.
- May review departmental accounting practices to ensure
compliance with guidelines; conduct review of department cash
handling practices; conduct review of cash incident reports;
follow-up on cash deposit discrepancies; and, make
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and 1 year experience.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience.
This position is responsible for processing cost center verifications as well as processing accounts receivable reconciliations. This position may assist with processing research investments and internal awards in PeopleSoft grants.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston