Executive Director of Human Resources
QCC is seeking candidates for the position of Executive Director of Human Resources. This is the College’s Chief Human Resources position and is responsible for providing skillful, professional, and effective leadership and vision to the planning, development, coordination, and implementation of the College’s human resource programs, plans, policies, and operations including the development of a diverse and inclusive workforce. A description of the duties, skills, and qualifications for this transformative position can be found below.
Since 1963 Quinsigamond Community College has afforded access to higher education to the residents of Central Massachusetts, providing thousands of men and women opportunities for a first-rate education and personal growth, whether preparing them for entry into the workforce, progression to four-year colleges and universities, or for personal and cultural enrichment.
QCC is committed to diversity and inclusion and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants for employment with QCC will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
How to Apply:
This is a confidential search process. To ensure full consideration, application materials should be received no later than October 16, 2020. The position will remain open until filled.
To apply, candidates must submit the following information and materials electronically to QCCHRSearch@bowditch.com
- A letter of application (not to exceed 5 pages) that succinctly addresses the opportunities and challenges identified in the Position Profile and demonstrates how the candidate’s experience, professional qualifications and vision have prepared them to meet the challenges and to take advantage of the opportunities inherent in this critical role for Quinsigamond Community College.
- A current resume including an email address and cellular telephone number.
- A list of three references: example, supervisors, direct reports, faculty and/or staff members from current and former institutions.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the COO/CFO and Vice-President of Administrative Services, the Executive Director of Human Resources is responsible for ensuring that all college policies and practices comply with federal and state labor and employment laws and for bringing innovative and assertive leadership to the coordination and administration of the College’s Human Resources Department. In addition, they are responsible for leading, ensuring and promoting a student-centered culture that demonstrates, reflects, and values equity, inclusion, and diversity, through practices, policies, behaviors, and through organizational change and development. Additional responsibilities include creative and efficient management of personnel, hiring and recruitment mechanisms, consistent application of policies and procedures across the College, data and record-keeping, staff development and training. Acts as an advisor to the administration in all phases of human talent acquisition, support and together with the Affirmative Action Officer, assists in the development, administration, and monitoring of all activities related to the implementation of the College’s EEO/Affirmative Action Plan.
Reports directly to the COO/CFO and Vice-President of Administrative Services.
Supervises professional and clerical staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as the Executive Officer for the College’s Human Resource office, functions and operations.
- Master’s degree (MBA, MPA, or MS) with a concentration in Human Resources, Organizational Psychology, Business, or related field; 10 years of experience planning, implementing and managing organization wide human resources operations including at least 3 years of executive level experience or comparable.
- Demonstrated knowledge of human resources operations and best practices, Experience in areas such as; equity and inclusion, organizational behavior, employee relations, talent acquisition, performance management, compensation, benefits, collective bargaining, and employee development
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion, including experience with developing and implementing programs, policies and practices directed to building, supporting and enhancing diversity in a welcoming, supportive and inclusive organization.
- Strategic and operational problem solving and analytical ability including data analysis, financial and budget management and planning; ability to use data to inform and influence decisions.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills, cultural dexterity and a demonstrated ability to work and lead equitably and collaboratively.
- Professional experience leading enterprise wide organizational development and design initiatives.
- Experience with labor relations and collective bargaining.
- Prior professional human resources experience in higher education or other similarly complex environment involving working with and advising senior executives.
- Experience in policy formulation, development, and implementation of key HR strategies and procedures.
- Specialized training in equity and inclusion, multicultural dexterity, management, planning and compensation.
- Professional certifications such as Certified Diversity Professional/Executive, SHRM, Talent Management, Six Sigma, and/or other related professional certifications are strongly preferred.
- Experience with Commonwealth of Massachusetts personnel systems, group insurance programs, and retirement systems.
Apply for Executive Director of Human Resources
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly