TENURE-TRACK POSITION in COMPUTER SCIENCE
The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science invites applications for a tenure track position in Computer Science. We seek a faculty member with a PhD in computer science who demonstrates professional and personal interests that extend beyond computer science, to include a commitment to life-long learning in the liberal arts and an ability to cultivate such learning in undergraduate students. As a college rooted in the worldwide, evangelical Protestant Christian tradition, we are seeking candidates personally committed to this heritage. Applicants should also share our commitment to greater inclusion of underrepresented groups in a field that sorely needs such diversity.
The ideal candidate:
0. is serious about following Jesus, and wants to impact the
lives of students
1. has a vision for using her or his PhD in computer science in service of #0
2. sees computer science as central to the liberal arts
3. has a research agenda that includes opportunities for undergraduate students to participate
4. solves problems creatively and enjoys thinking outside the box
The computer science program at Westmont reflects our assumption that a solid theoretical understanding provides the necessary basis for elegantly and efficiently solving problems – whether in research or development. With this pedagogical perspective in mind, the new faculty member will have opportunities to make significant contributions to the content and structure of the program.
Questions may be addressed to Dr. Russell Howell, chair, Department of Mathematics & Computer Science: firstname.lastname@example.org.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Montecito
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Montecito
- Computer Sciences & Technology Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Montecito