Lead Coordinator, Business Operations
Provide support by leading other operational support employees and coordinating projects and programs for the department. The role serves as a primary point of contact for department faculty and staff regarding general business and financial inquiries.
- Assist with budget planning and monitoring.
- Review and monitor expenses posting on detailed project expense reports in SAP, and processes appropriate JV entries for corrections.
- Review funds availability on a weekly basis to ensure funds are adequately distributed across appropriate cost centers.
- Lead credentialing operations while delegating assignments and providing leadership to lower level professionals.
- Ensure that CPA's faculty are fully credentialed at appropriate hospitals and surgery centers in a timely manner.
- Work directly with faculty to ensure that initial and
re-applications are current. Ensures that faculty documentation
files are complete.
- Education Required: High School diploma or GED.
- Experience Required: Six years of relevant experience.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: None Required.
- Financial background and/or experience.
- Background in physician credentialing.
- Experience with physician credentialing.
.5 FTE of this position works with the financial side of our business (CPA):
- Assist with budget planning, development, and monitoring.
- Serve as department liaison with BCM's Legal department. This position liaises with legal to initiate contract routing and monitor contracts as they route though the approval process. Establish and maintain directories of contracts and agreements. Notify Senior Manager, Business Operations of pending and expiring agreements.
- Assists Medical Director and Senior Manager, Business Operations in establishing and attaining goals and objectives.
- Serves as a point of contact for general business and financial inquiries.
- Reviews expenditures by provider location and realign expenses as necessary.
.5 FTE of this position oversees the credentialing aspect of our business (CPA):
- Leads credentialing operations and trains credentialing staff.
- Develops and implements guidelines and procedures for the credentialing process for obtaining medial staff privileges in a timely manner and determine work priorities to meet deadlines for submission and monitor the expiring appointments.
- Provides leadership, direction, ongoing feedback and development support to the employees of the Medical Staff & Credentialing Services Department.
- Coaches, reviews and delegates work to lower level professionals.
- Manages moderately complex projects or processes.
- Serves as primary administrative contact between department and hospital/surgery center Medical Staff Offices.
- Work directly with the faculty to maintain updated current copies and electronic files of Texas Standardized Credentialing applications, CVs, physician licenses, CMEs, Liability Insurance Certificates, and other essential credentialing documents.
- Liaises with our billing service to ensure provider enrollment applications are complete and up to date.
- Establishes and maintains faculty database, facility matrix, subspecialty list, directories, etc.
- Directs the activities of administrative staff to assure the accurate and timely completion of required responsibilities and special projects.
- Processes JV transfers in SAP, and processes invoices and requisitions for payment in SAP.
- Prepares check requests in SAP as needed in addition to troubleshooting and resolving problems with SAP.
- Prepares expense reports for travel reimbursements.
- Provides routine administrative assistance such as scheduling meetings, scheduling phone calls, and maintaining department files.
- Communicates and interprets BCM policy.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston