The CPEH is home to the Gulf Coast Center for Precision Environmental Health (GC-CPEH), an NIEHS P30 Environmental Health Sciences Core Center, and a newly funded Center of Excellence in Environmental Health Disparities, The Maternal and Infant Environmental Health Riskscape (MIEHR) Research Center, funded by NIMHD, NIEHS and NICHD.
Get the latest research information from Baylor: https://www.bcm.edu/news/baylor-to-research-environmental-health-disparities-in-pregnancy-outcomes
The Center for Precision Environmental Health (CPEH) and the Department of Medicine, Section of Epidemiology and Population Sciences at Baylor College of Medicine (BCM) is seeking 2 Postdoctoral Fellows to join the Program in Environmental and Population Health Disparities.
Postdoctoral Associates have the opportunity to participate in multiple research projects involving study design and implementation, data collection, statistical analysis and publication. The postdoc will also gain experience in preparing study protocols, designing data collection tools, and developing research proposals in pursuit of independent funding opportunities.
- Plans, directs and conducts specialized and advanced research experiments.
- Evaluates and analyzes data.
- May establish new research protocols and procedures.
- Summarizes research findings and publish results in research journals.
- May be responsible for laboratory operations.
- May supervise research staff.
- Education Required: MD or Ph.D in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- Experience Required: None Required.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: None Required.
- Education: Ph.D. in epidemiology, biostatistics, environmental health, or related field with strong quantitative, methodologic, and statistical analysis skills.
- Knowledge of SAS or R programming language.
- Knowledge of environmental health disparities and experience working with multi-omics data sets, geographic information systems, relational databases, and statistical approaches to deal with environmental mixtures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong
organizational and record keeping skills; and the capacity to work
independently and with inter-disciplinary teams.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston