Academic Support Specialist
The position will align college assessment objectives to increase CCC student performances. Utilizes CCC key performance indicators (KPI's) to increase student participation and college success and provides academic coaching sessions.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Administers a new non-cognitive assessment to work to enhance student psychosocial skills.
2. Assesses students' strengths and weaknesses in Mathematics/Sciences and/or English.
3. Provides individual and/or group academic coaching sessions that connect to transfer, completion and career programs. Administers career advisement tools to support student's academic goals.
4. Creates study guides and review materials that will focus a student's attention upon material needed for course understanding.
5. Coordinates the tutoring and/or mentoring needs of student participants with available campus resources.
6. Works closely with department faculty to develop learning strategies that will increase a student's ability to retain and understand course objectives in each instructor's course.
7. Works with faculty to explore transfer and scholarship opportunities to enhance student motivation.
8. Provides advice and counseling to help students with their academic and career goals. Connects intensive coaching and mentoring opportunities to at-risk students.
9. Evaluates participants' academic progress and adjusts tutoring methods to achieve the most effective intervention for each student participant.
10. Develops and conducts academic coaching sessions and workshops to promote academic and personal growth and helps students make a strong connection to college life.
11. Assesses students' needs and concerns and identifies strengths and resources to resolve problems.
12. Creates weekly reports to identify possible trends within the classroom environment and CCC student's unique needs and aspirations.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
14. Adheres to CCC Customer Service Excellence standards.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Education, English, Mathematics, Science or related field required. Master's Degree preferred and/or teacher's license is preferred.
2. Must be computer proficient with knowledge of a variety of software programs.
3. A minimum of three years previous teaching or academic coaching experience required.
4. Must be self-directed and innovated. Ability to assess students' past and future outcomes.
5. Successful counseling experience with low-income, minority, disadvantaged, or students with disabilities.
6. Experience and/or knowledge in areas of financial aid and/or admission and computer databases
7. Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Counseling Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Disabled Student Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago