2021 Clinical Innovation and Design Fellowship
This application is for Dell Medical School students who wish to participate in the Clinical Innovation and Design program in their 3rd Year.
UT Austin Dell Medical School students have the option of participating in a new Clinical Innovation and Design (CID) program to fulfill the requirements of their Innovation, Leadership, and Discovery block in Year 3 of their medical education.
This project is one-year long, following the normal academic calendar of the University fall and spring long-semester timelines. The 2021-22 academic year is the second year of the program and will include:
- Tentative start date: August 16, 2021
- MD students paired up on a team with engineering master's students
- Clinical immersion for needs identification training as a team
- Biodesign for medical devices training
- Opportunity to build a prototype of a novel, market-viable medical device
Students participating in the CID program earn the equivalent of 12 semester credit hours of graduate course credit in Biomedical Engineering (BME).
These 12 hours may be counted toward the Master of Science in Biomedical Engineering Dual Degree Year 3 option, or the Distinction credential in Clinical Innovation and Design .
This program is open to currently enrolled UT Austin Dell Medical School students entering their Year 3 Innovation, Leadership, and Discovery block in the 2021-22 academic year.
Submission Deadline: December 1, 2020
The following components are required:
- Your information
- Your CV or Resume
- Indicate whether you intend to earn a Masters in BME Dual Degree option, or a Distinction credential for your MS3 year
- Your statement of interest (1 page maximum) describing: Why do you want to participate? How do you think participation will impact your future practice in medicine? Describe any past experience that might be relevant to your participation in this program.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Fellowship Not specified Full Time jobs in Austin
- Education Fellowship Not specified Full Time jobs in Austin
- Education Administration & Leadership Fellowship Not specified Full Time jobs in Austin
- Health & Medicine Fellowship Not specified Full Time jobs in Austin
- Medicine Fellowship Not specified Full Time jobs in Austin