2021 Clinical Innovation and Design - BME Integrated Program
This application is for BME Integrated Program students who wish to participate in the Clinical Innovation and Design program in their final master's year.
UT Austin BME Integrated Program students have the option of participating in a new Clinical Innovation and Design (CID) program to fulfill the requirements of their MSE in Biomedical Engineering.
This project is one-year long, following the normal academic calendar of the University fall and spring long-semester timelines. The 2021-22 academic year is the second year of the program and will include:
- Tentative start date: August 16, 2021
- BME Integrated Students paired with Year 3 Dell Medical School students
- Clinical immersion in the hospital for real-time needs identification training
- Biodesign for medical devices training
- Opportunity to build a prototype of a novel, market-viable medical device
Students participating in the CID program earn the equivalent of 12 semester credit hours of graduate course credit in Biomedical Engineering (BME) that can be counted toward their MSE degree. For more questions about how these credits may apply to your Program of Work, please contact Lacy White at email@example.com, or Margo Cousins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program is open to currently enrolled UT Austin BME Integrated Program students entering their final MSE year (Year 5 or 6) as graduate students in the 2021-22 academic year.
Submission Deadline: December 1, 2020
The following components are required:
- Your information
- Your CV or Resume
- Your statement of interest (1 page maximum) describing: Why do you want to participate? How do you think participation will impact your future practice in medicine? Describe any past experience that might be relevant to your participation in this program.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Austin
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Austin
- Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Austin
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Austin
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Austin