Human Resources Coordinator
The College of Engineering and Applied Science (CEAS) Dean's Office HR Team encourages applications for a Human Resources Coordinator ! Our team provides operational support and direction to all CEAS departments and programs and is responsible for ensuring the overall operational effectiveness and efficiency of the college’s HR processes. CEAS comprises more than 18 departments, programs, and centers; approximately 350 faculty, and 250 non-faculty employees and growing.
This position will serve as professional support within the CEAS HR team, and will provide assistance with regard to onboarding/off boarding, recognition programs, events, and training verification, while guaranteeing adherence with college, university and state policies and procedures. The Human Resources Coordinator will also be responsible for collaborating closely with the CEAS Human Resources team on special projects. This position formally reports to the Assistant Director of Human Resources in the Dean’s Administrative organization.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Founded in 1893, CEAS at CU Boulder is the second largest of seven schools and colleges at one of the nation's top public research institutions. As Colorado's flagship university, CU Boulder has selective admissions standards and a comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
HR Operations Administration and Compliance Tracking
- Conducts monthly Sexual Harassment & Discrimination training audits and ensures college compliance on a monthly basis. Ensures that required trainings are completed for all new employees by required due dates.
- Coordinates electronic filing system and conducts quarterly audits to maintain compliance with various federal, state, campus, and college policies or regulations.
- Coordinates onboarding processes across all units (i.e., offer letters, background checks, IRCA, Social Security, payroll and benefits, first week itinerary, collaborate with hiring manager on office set-up). Manages the new hire and onboarding processes in the Dean's Office.
- Ensures performance goals and objectives are in place for all new staff personnel.
- Provides new employees with relocation assistance information, moving provider information, and works to ensure a smooth transition to the area in coordination with each unit and supports all onboarding activities.
- Provides direction to CEAS departmental HR liaisons regarding onboarding processes and standard methodologies (i.e., offer letters, background checks, IRCA, Social Security, payroll and benefits, first week itinerary, collaborate with hiring manager on office set-up).
- Supports the Associate Dean for Faculty Advancement with the faculty performance review and FRPA process ensuring that all faculty are reviewed on time, coordinates and communicates annual merit timelines and processes.
- Conducts faculty and staff stay interviews and exit surveys to ensure support of a healthy workforce.
- Updates the CEAS directory and unit organization charts as needed.
- Manages listserves as necessary for staff, faculty, and researchers.
- Assists I-9 verification and documentation liaison and confirms completion within required timeframe.
- Works with Campus HR, the Assistant/Director of Human Resources on college-wide training programs.
Recognition and Procedural Coordination
- Coordinates all temporary and other faculty appointment offer letters via DocuSign in consultation with the Associate Dean for Faculty Advancement and HR Director (e.g. professional temp, research temp, lecturer, adjunct, adjoint, visiting).
- Verifies signed offer letters are received, tracked and electronically saved in personnel files, verifies background check and training completion; provides advice to unit HR Liaisons of appropriate employment type. Collaborates with the unit HR Liaison or campus HR Service Center to ensure accuracy and timely submission of employee job records in HCM.
- Ensures that offer letters, addendum letters, positions descriptions from departments and programs for all staff and faculty appointments are signed and housed electronically in personnel files; ensures background check and I-9 requirements have been met.
- Prepares materials and maintains roster of quarterly new staff college orientation and onboarding program, annual faculty orientation, and Faculty Orientation Passport Series.
- Works closely with the college HR staff on faculty employee years of service, promotion/tenure, college staff awards including employee years of service, the Employee Recognition Award and Commitment to Excellence Award programs.
- Is responsible for accuracy on a quarterly basis of faculty sabbaticals, post-tenure reviews, emeritus appointments, retirements, resignations, etc. Maintains records ensuring completion of materials are saved in personnel files.
- Serves as the CEAS liaison to the campus HR Service center; facilitates completion and submission of student hires, professional temporary hires, research temporary hires; confirms all required paperwork is in alignment with procedures and due dates established by campus and college policies and procedures.
- Performs a variety of related duties as assigned or necessary with independent judgment.
- Undertakes specific administrative projects as requested by the Assistant Dean for Administration or Director of Human Resources.
- Assists with keeping policies and procedures on the CEAS website updated.
- Serves as liaison with campus HR centers of excellence, as needed.
- Represents the college at various campus-wide and college meetings, as requested by the Director of Human Resources.
- Plans college wide faculty events
- Supports planning and execution of college wide events
What We Can Offer
The anticipated starting salary is $50,000 commensurate with experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Authentic. Be Engaged. Be Boulder.
What We Require
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with one year of experience in human resources. Equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute.
What You Will Need
- Proven track record of optimal communication verbally and in writing, informally and formally.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proven attention to detail.
- Self-motivation and willingness to learn.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to maintain strong working relationships with faculty and staff amidst changing circumstances.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, including Word and Excel.
- Sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural, political, and geographical differences, with ability to work well with faculty and staff from around the world.
- Ability to pass a background check.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Background working in higher education or public sector human resources management with exposure to various responsibilities, including I-9, background checks, recruitment, onboarding, and off boarding.
- Familiarity with employment related concepts (employee relations, EEO & Affirmative Action, organizational development, job evaluation, recruitment, etc.).
- Ability to interpret sophisticated University policies and procedures, and connect with appropriate parties, when necessary.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how this position fits in with your career goals in Human Resources specifically.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by September 27, 2020 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Faculty Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder