Director of Capital Finance
The Department of Budget and Fiscal Planning (BFP) encourages applications for an outstanding leader to join our team as our Director of Capital Finance ! This position will provide leadership in capital finance, strategic capital budget allocation, cash management, and stewardship of external debt.
The Capital Finance area exists to support the mission and strategic priorities of the institution by optimizing the stewardship of CU Boulder’s centrally-held financial assets and liabilities, pursuing innovation in capital project financing, managing the annual budget process and quarterly capital budget reporting, and facilitating the dialogue regarding the strategic allocation of the scarce resources of cash and debt.
The Director will link the campus vision, strategic priorities, and people in a system of evaluation, action, and results in order to provide timely and data-directed support to campus leaders. This leader will build high-trust and collective relationships with campus partners and facilitates the identification and resolution of financial challenges as well as explore the financial impact/opportunity of central initiatives.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
BFP partners with academic and administrative leaders to coordinate campus-wide budget and fiscal planning, and identifies and facilitates the allocation of resources vital for the Boulder campus to excel as a major educational and research university. Through collaboration, we connect ideas, resources, and decisions that drive the university’s success.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Internal Asset/Liability Strategy and Stewardship
- Partner with Planning, Design, and Construction (PD&C) to facilitate all funding aspects of the campus Capital Governance process and dialogue.
- Perform financial modeling, research, and ad-hoc analysis to advise capital planning decisions by individual units and/or the overall CU Boulder campus.
- Develop and improve custom reporting/analysis to recommend and optimize cash and debt allocation decisions.
- Lead internal financing activities, including strategy, modeling, planning, and accounting.
- Collaborate across BFP, especially with the Budget & Reporting team, to sync cash management with annual and multi-year budgetary planning.
- Cultivate an establish an effective feedback loop with BFP colleagues, PD&C, and campus units
External Asset/Liability Strategy and Stewardship
- Provide leadership on the strategic allocation and stewardship of external debt, balancing the campus's capital priorities with its debt capacity limits, cash flow available for debt service, tax compliance obligations, and other constraints.
- Engage with and cultivate increasingly strong ties with CU Treasury to ensure a robust partnership as capital needs emerge and capital markets instruments and opportunities evolve.
- Collaborate and innovate with colleagues across groups and specializations, e.g., Real Estate Services, in exploring emerging business and investment opportunities, potentially including public-private partnerships, special-purpose entities, etc.
- Responsible for owning and updating campus cash flow model.
- Coordinate with capital project clients and borrowers to produce debt and capital-related annual and periodic reporting for CU Treasury and other constituents among the CU System administration.
- Cultivate a collective relationship with CU Treasury and CU System capital contacts.
What We Can Offer
We can offer a competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Accomplished. Be Strategic. Be Boulder.
What We Require
Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, or a related field. Six years of demonstrated increasing responsibilities and experience in finance or business. Sophisticated financial modeling and analysis experience required. An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute.
What You Will Need
- Extraordinary knowledge of debt markets/instruments and treasury management, investment markets, the banking industry, and/or the financial services sector in general.
- Phenomenal skills in effective written and oral communications, collaboration, and problem-solving.
- Proficiency and confidence in discourse with senior and executive leadership and other key constituents.
- Alacrity to invest continuously in the improvement of own and employees' financial modeling capabilities.
- Proven track record of thinking critically about data as it relates to systems, partners, decision making, and support of the organizational strategy.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Master’s degree from an accredited university in business, management, public/higher education administration, or a comparable field.
- Experience related to other investment markets, the banking industry, and/or the financial services sector in general.
- Experience in higher education, nonprofit, or public organization setting, either directly employed or as a partner/service provider to the sector.
- Relevant financial certifications, including CFA, CTP, current or lapsed investment industry licenses, (e.g., Series 7, for background knowledge, as opposed to for actual renewal & use in this role), etc.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by September 30, 2020 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder