Idaho Job Corps Activities and Health Education Coordinator
Work Site Location: Coeur d' Alene Campus
Is This Position a Temporary Position?: Yes
End Date: September 30, 2022
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background check and proof of degree.
The Activities and Health Education Coordinator will work to set up partnerships, training, and service learning opportunities for Idaho Job Corps Students. This individual will be responsible for ensuring that students are properly connected to mental health resources, physical activity opportunities, service learning opportunities, and student activities and events. The Activities and Health Education Coordinator will work with NIC’s Job Corps Program Coordinator and Case Managers to track students’ activities and progress.
This is a grant funded position and is subject to culminate by October 1, 2022.
The Idaho Job Corp Program is funded through a grant made to the Idaho Dept. of Labor. North Idaho College is contracted with the Idaho Dept. of Labor to deliver programs and services outlined as grant deliverables for the five Northern counties of Idaho.
This list includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Coordinates physical, dental and vision services for students upon admission to the program.
- Connects students to mental health counseling.
- Connects students to a primary care physician.
- Ensures all students receive a physical examination before entering the program.
- Connects students to service learning opportunities and student activities/events.
- Coordinates with internal and external partners to facilitate the health and wellness instruction for students.
- Monitors student activity, facilitates drug testing, and completes reports according to guidelines.
- Assists students in applying for Medicaid.
- Meets with students at least once every 90 days to discuss their wellness needs.
- Maintains expert-level knowledge of applicable policies, procedures, regulations, rules, statutes and laws.
- Assists students in setting up a wellness schedule and enrolling in a CPR class.
- Builds and maintains professional relationships with internal and external constituents to coordinate classes and workshops for students on topics such as personal hygiene, dental care, first aid, CPR, nutrition, and other health-related topics.
- Develops and fosters relationships with community service organizations throughout the region in order to benefit students.
- Collaborates with other Idaho Job Corps Activities and Health Education Coordinators from around the state, actively pursues creative solutions to student problem-solving.
- Attends and actively participates in Idaho Job Corp meetings and trainings as well NIC meetings and department-wide planning activities.
- Promotes a positive environment that supports innovation, teamwork, creativity, and successful outcomes.
- Employs effective organizational, time management, planning, and assessment skills.
- Maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work relationship with supervisor, college staff, students, and the community.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience : Bachelor’s degree in Health, Health Education, or related field is required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Identifying, organizing, or coordinating community services, activities, and resources
• Ability to develop and present training/oral presentations for groups
• Strong relational and interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage records and data
• Strong technical abilities: database systems, presentation software, Microsoft Office suites, or equivalent
• Ability to interpret and follow policy and guidelines
• Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form
• Ability to function as an integral and positive member of a team
Advertised: 11 Sep 2020 Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: 02 Oct 2020 11:55 PM Pacific Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Disabled Student Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Health Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene