Idaho Job Corps Workforce Consultant
Work Site Location: Coeur d' Alene Campus
Is This Position a Temporary Position?: Yes
End Date: September 30, 2022
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background check and proof of degree.
The Workforce Consultant will oversee all outreach, admissions, and job placement efforts for Idaho Job Corps students at North Idaho College, including the recruitment and intake of new students. This position also assists students with completing all program requirements and obtaining employment after completion of the program.
This is a grant funded position and is subject to culminate by October 1, 2022.
The Idaho Job Corp Program is funded through a grant made to the Idaho Dept. of Labor. North Idaho College is contracted with the Idaho Dept. of Labor to deliver programs and services outlined as grant deliverables for the five Northern counties of Idaho.
This list includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Recruits students for the Idaho Job Corps program at North Idaho College.
- Interviews all students and assists them in completing the intake application.
- Maintains student intake records in accordance with Personally Identifiable Information requirements.
- Uses the application system to track applicant progress.
- Communicates all program requirements to prospective students.
- Assists students in finding employment upon completion of the program.
- Follows up with students 6 months and 12 months after graduating from the program.
- Develops positive relationships and works collaboratively with Department of Labor and local business and industry.
- Collaborates with Idaho Job Corps Workforce Consultants statewide.
- Attends and actively participates in Job Corp meetings and trainings as well other NIC meetings and department-wide planning activities.
- Promotes a positive environment that supports innovation, teamwork, creativity, and successful outcomes.
- Employs effective organizational, time management, planning, and assessment skills.
- Maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work relationship with supervisor, college staff, students, and the community.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience : Bachelor’s Degree in communication, marketing, or related field and 1 year full-time related experience
Required License and/or Certifications : A valid driver’s license is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Strong cross-cultural interpersonal and writing skills.
• Strong public speaking skills and ability to represent the college and Idaho Job Corps in a positive way to diverse populations.
• Strong event planning/coordination skills.
• Ability to interpret, follow, and administer academic and administrative policy
• Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
• Ability to function as an integral and positive member of a team.
• Ability to travel between various locations throughout the day.
Advertised: 11 Sep 2020 Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: 02 Oct 2020 11:55 PM Pacific Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene