Post Doctoral Fellow
Job Code/Title PD - Post Doctoral Position Number PD001 Working Title Post Doctoral Fellow Department Health Behavior And Policy Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range NIH stipend levels Campus MCV Campus Position Type Post Doc Hours/Week Normal work days Normal work hours Job Category Research Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? Yes - Continuation of this position depends on funding of the grant. Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Description of the Job
The NCI -designated Massey Cancer Center and the department of Health Behavior and Policy are seeking candidates for a postdoctoral training program in cancer prevention and control research.
This 2 year individually-tailored training program offers salary and seed money while preparing fellows for a career in cancer prevention and control.
Areas of research interest as they relate to cancer include (but are not limited to):
• Cancer communication sciences
• Cancer healthcare economics
• Cancer survivorship
• Cancer health disparities
• Community-engaged research
• Health behavior research
• Tobacco control
Candidate should have a Ph.D., M.D., or M.D./Ph.D. degree by the start of the fellowship and a commitment to a career as a cancer prevention and control researcher. In addition, candidate should have demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a postdoc at VCU . MUST have a green card or US citizenship.
Preferred Qualifications Job Open Date 06/12/2018 Remove from posting on or before Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants
Please submit the following in support of your application:
• A recent Curriculum Vitae including previous research experience, both didactic and practical.
• A personal statement describing the reason for seeking research training, specific research interests, and how the fellowship will contribute to future career plans.
• At least two letters of recommendation, including one from the training director or doctoral committee chairperson/advisor.
Additional Information Quick Link http://www.vcujobs.com/postings/79539 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Where did you hear about this position?
- VCU Website
- Professional Diversity Network
- Richmond SHRM
- * If you selected 'Other' for your referral source please
indicate where you heard about this posting. (If you did not select
'Other,' please enter 'n/a.')
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Other Document
- Reference Letter - 1
- Reference Letter - 2