University Code 19214 University Title Senior Program Specialist 1 University Job Family General Administration ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Job Series Scope of Search Local Working Title Program Coordinator Position Number 590750 Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Non-Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Electrical And Computer Engineering Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
Since its inception in 1996, the Virginia Commonwealth University College of Engineering has brought innovative, real-world engineering education to Central Virginia. As part of a premier research university known for tenacity, love of the city and commitment to diversity and access, the college is a front-runner in academics and research.
The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering been recognized for their excellence in cyber-related research, education and engagement among a network of higher education institutions in the Commonwealth of Virginia. The college has received state funding as part of the Commonwealth Cyber Initiative ( CCI ) to meet the growing demands of cyber-related research.
The College of Engineering is seeking a motivated professional to provide high-level programmatic and financial support to all deliverables and goals of CCI . As the Program Coordinator, this position will be responsible for serving as a liaison between the VCU CCI hub, CVN researchers and their partners both internal and external to the university, as well as facilitating, managing, and supporting communication with those partners. The Projectgram Coordinator will work independently to coordinate CCI event/outreach logistics and support leadership in planning and execution of short and long-term strategic goals. In addition this position will be responsible for monitoring project spending, collaborating with senior leadership in budget development, analysis, and resolving budget variances.
Minimum Hiring Standards
● Ability to be precise, thorough, reliable, and work independently while anticipating and meeting rigorous deadlines
● Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills necessary with strong oral and written communication skills
● The College of Engineering supports a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment. The candidate will demonstrate experience that shows their commitment to fostering such an environment.
● The successful applicant will be able to anticipate and adapt to frequent changes in work priorities and workload fluctuations.
● Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills necessary with strong oral and written communication skills.
● Excellent planning, organizational, and coordinating skills with the ability to maintain and communicate project schedules/timelines
● Advanced proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint applications
● Ability to exercise critical thinking and independent judgment in accordance with program, university, state, and federal policies
● Proven ability to clearly articulate specific information in areas of subject matter expertise to a diverse set of stakeholder
Preferred Hiring Standards
● Experience with grants and contracts is preferred. Must demonstrate an interest and willingness to learn.
● Knowledge of appropriate project management and analysis procedures
● Ability to assist with preparing budgets and financial reports as required.
● Previous experience in a finance related field with knowledge of budget monitoring and reporting
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range Commensurate Application Process/Additional Information Campus Monroe Park Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours Monday - Friday Job Open Date 09/11/2020 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Is this a restricted position? Yes Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link http://www.vcujobs.com/postings/100597 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have experience with project coordination?
- * Have you developed plans and timelines for project
- * Describe your experience using superior prioritzation and
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe your experience working and communicating
within a diverse population.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have budget or finance related work experience?
- 0-1 years
- 2-3 years
- 4-5 years
- 5+ years
- * Please describe your skills in the use of Microsoft Office
Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Engineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond