Job Title Program Developer Rank Associate Professor Classification Title Term Position Summary
Faculty position to develop the MSN -NP/ DNP program. Contingent on funding and the project completion.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop the MSN -NP to DNP program with a hybrid focus
• Facilitate program decisions related to admission, progression, and graduation issues.
• Participate in program decisions related to curriculum.
• Recommend and participate in concentration specific clinical faculty recruitment.
• Recommend new field/clinical affiliations as necessary.
• Communicate issues to the Nursing Chair and RN- BSN Coordinator on a regular basis.
• Develop DNP - MSN program policies.
• Utilize effective communication skills including conflict resolution.
• Mentor and oversee adjunct faculty, lead clinical faculty, and academic coaches teaching concentration specific clinical courses, and didactic courses as needed.
• Teach as needed to meet program needs.
• Doctorate ( DNP, PhD or EdD) in nursing or related field.
• RN and APRN ( MSN -NP)
• National Board Certified in one of the following: nurse practitioner in Family, Adult /Gerontology Acute Care or Psychiatric-Mental Health and eligible for New Mexico licensure.
• Three years minimum professional clinical nursing experience as a nurse practitioner
• Two years management experience in clinical or academic nursing
• Academic administrative experience leading accreditation projects
• Prior experience in developing MSN -NP and/or DNP programs.
• Ability to work within communities to orchestrate, develop and secure clinical nursing sites and preceptors.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Ability to work to meet deadlines.
Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Knowledge of nursing education programs and accreditation process.
Experience with course development and online education.
Experience working with diverse populations.
Comfortable with working independently and self direction.
Knowledge of rules and regulation for NP practice.
Work Location Online - Outside of New Mexico
Posting Number F194P Posting Open Date 09/11/2020 Posting Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Quick Link http://nmhu.peopleadmin.com/postings/6013 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- How many years of experience do you have in this type of
- Cover Letter/ Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcripts Conferring Required Degree
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of Three Professional References with Name, Address and E-Mail