Associate Program Developer
Position Associate Program Developer Full Time/Part Time Part Time Job Type Regular Position Summary
The Associate Program Developer supports and conducts administrative and/or operational matters for the Department of Nursing. Handles a wide range of issues to support the development of the MSN / DNP program. Researches, prioritizes, and follows-up on multiple issues In support of the MSN / DNP Program Developer and Department Director. Manages a variety of special projects, some of which may have institutional impact. Reports administratively to the Director and Chair of the Department of Nursing. Position contingent on state funding and project completion.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Serves as academic support officer for the NMHU Department of Nursing ( DON ) unit and provides the full range of academic support that involves assisting with the development of the Master of Science in Nursing ( MSN ) and Doctor of Nursing Program ( DNP )
• Assists with data collection and processes the data for analysis by program coordinator/developer.
• Interfaces with proprietary contracts in to develop training sites and community/state resources for the MSN / DNP
• Manages MSN / DNP MOA /MOUs with agencies and preceptors as needed
• Manages and analyzes benchmarking data to prepare for accreditation and reviews with Director and MSN / DNP Program Developer
• Works in conjunction with Graduate Program, Admissions office, and Registrar and other university systems to address curriculum procedures & issues
• Assists in curriculum/course building through the university committees
• Monitors MSN / DNP program information (written and electronic) for consistency and accuracy to be in accordance with NMHU and professional organization’s policies and strategic plans.
• Plans MSN / DNP informational and recruitment sessions for prospective students
• Collaborate with University technology systems (i.e. uploading documents), and paperwork necessary for data collection and analysis
• Participates in review of curriculum and updates in NMHU course catalog
• Assists DON Director and MSN / DNP Program Developer with special projects and program reports including those necessary for accreditation.
• Maintain survey data (alumni, employment etc)
Minimum Job Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in nursing or related field; experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
-Knowledge of the State of New Mexico higher education system.
-Experience working with the diverse cultures in New Mexico state.
• Master’s degree in nursing or any related field.
Experience with program development.
Knowledge and experience with New Mexico healthcare system including Public Healthcare system.
Special Conditions for Eligibility Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to develop and maintain record-keeping systems and procedures;
• Knowledge of the goals, objectives, structure and operations of a major public university;
• Demonstrated organizational management skills;
• Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports;
• Advanced analytical, evaluative, and objective critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively summarize and present information;
• Ability to create, compose, and edit correspondence and other written materials;
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to interact and work effectively with administrators, academic leadership, faculty, students, community leadership, public officials, funding agencies, and members of the community;
• Strong computer skills;
• Knowledge of organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures in a large, complex organization;
• Ability to foster a cooperative work environment;
• Knowledge and understanding of institutional policies and procedures and the regulatory environment within which they operate;
• Ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects;
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community;
• Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality;
• Broad knowledge and understanding of University and Board of Regents policies and procedures;
• Employee development and performance management skills;
• Knowledge of administrative policies and procedures as applied to public academic institutions;
• Project management skills and the ability to resolve complex problems and issues;
• Knowledge of budget preparation and fiscal management;
• Knowledge of faculty and/or staff hiring procedures.
• Repetitive hand motion and prolonged use of computer;
• Sitting for extended periods of time;
• No or very limited physical effort required.
• Work is performed in a typical interior/office work environment or remote location.
• No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
Pay Rate negotiable Work Location/Campus Center Online - In the State of New Mexico EEO Statement
New Mexico Highlands University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We are committed to the University values of diversity, accessibility, excellence, and responsiveness.
For disabled access or services call 505-454-3242 or email email@example.com
Visit the link below for more information regarding affirmative action and equal opportunity:
Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW
Posting Number AS413P Open Date 09/11/2020 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
A complete online application must include: 1) Letter of interest/cover letter; 2) Resume; 3) Three (3) professional references in online application, and; 4) copies of unofficial transcripts. Candidates who are invited for on-campus interviews will be required to submit official transcripts. References will be contacted in conjunction with on-campus interview. Upload required materials with online application. For disabled access or services, call (505) 454-3242 or contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org NMHU IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Quick Link http://nmhu.peopleadmin.com/postings/6001 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- How many years of experience do you have in this type of
- Cover Letter/ Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcripts Conferring Required Degree
- Letter(s) of Recommendation
- List of Three Professional References with Name, Address and E-Mail