Accounting Assistant/Student Accounts & Billing, #28986
St. Charles Community College is located just west of St. Louis, nestled in the heart of growing St. Charles County. Established in 1986, SCC is a public, comprehensive two-year community college offering associate degrees and certificate programs in the arts, business, sciences and career-technical fields. SCC also provides workforce training and community-based personal and professional development as well as cultural, recreational and entertainment opportunities.
We are seeking a full-time Accounting Assistants/Student Accounts & Billing who will maintain essential records of financial transactions regarding accounts receivable and student accounts.
Full-time staff benefits:
- Employer credit applied towards medical, dental, and vision insurance and much more!
- Generous paid time off: vacation, sick, personal days, and college recognized holidays
- Participation in the Public Education Employee Retirement System (PEERS)
- Tuition waiver and reimbursement
To view more information about the benefits that our full-time staff can participate in, please click the following link: https://www.stchas.edu/about-scc/employment/benefits/full-time-staff
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze student accounts and assist students with questions regarding application of payments, scholarships/financial aid, and payment plans.
- Assist in daily cash collections, reconciliations and deposits.
- Process third-party billing, invoices, account statements, refunds and collection of outstanding balances.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.