ADJUNCT FACULTY, SLEA Basic Police Academy Instructor - 2020
The Suburban Law Enforcement Academy at College of DuPage has an opportunity for Adjunct Instructors to develop, organize, market, and teach the state-mandated Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board (ILETSB) curriculum.
Duties include, but not limited to, providing classroom instruction or role playing experience to a class of police recruits.
In your cover letter, please discuss any experience in teaching online and/or hybrid courses, as well as any training in learner-centered pedagogical practices in face to face and online teaching environments.
- Experience in Law Enforcement preferred.
- The instructor shall have a sufficient educational background and/or experience necessary to meet the instructional demands that will be made of him or her.
- Educational background may vary based on specific instructional position.
- The instructor shall be an individual of personal integrity and have a sincere interest and desire to impart knowledge and experience to the persons under instruction.
- Experience developing and teaching curriculum.
- Self-starter that works well in a team environment.
- Comfortable with public speaking.
College of DuPage does not discriminate against individuals
in employment opportunities, programs and/or activities on the
basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age,
national origin, ancestry, veterans' status, marital status,
disability, military status, unfavorable discharge from military
service, or on any other basis protected by law.
To apply please submit your electronic application, unofficial transcripts, a cover letter including a list of three references, a statement of teaching philosophy, and current curriculum vita.
A pre-employment background check at the Colleges' expense is required.