Classification: Administrative Staff- Full Time- 12 Months- 2080 Hours
Reports to:Director of Traditional and International Admission
Description: The position of Admission Counselor is an integral part of Carroll University's enrollment staff, which requires an enthusiastic, high-energy individual, who is determined to see that the college's enrollment goals are met successfully. The individual must be committed to personal attention, follow-up, and adept at matching prospective students' needs with Carroll offerings.
Admission Counselor Responsibilities:
- Prospect for qualified students by visiting high schools within
your territory and by representing Carroll at selective college
- Represent Carroll at high school (community) award and
- Educate high school counselors and teachers about Carroll
- Perform consumer-based counseling with high school students and
their parents to show them how Carroll University can meet their
- Review application credentials for students from your territory
and make admission decisions and award merit-based
- Counsel accepted applicants and their parents on the financial
aid process, the college's financial aid philosophy, and the
specifics of individual financial aid awards.
- Perform quality and timely follow-up with prospective students,
parents, and high school personnel.
- Confirm and enroll students from your assigned
- Conduct on-campus interviews with prospective students and
- Participate in Open House and other Admission Office
- Manage recruitment initiatives to represent Carroll at external
recruitment events: internally for the undergraduate community and
within professional communities (high school counselors/teachers)
to educate individuals about Carroll University.
- Meet targeted enrollment goals through the establishment of
effective recruitment strategies and relationship
- Write, analyze and develop comprehensive reporting
- Train end users on developed reports and dashboards
- Collaborate with the enrollment and leadership team to
determine and address data and reporting needs
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 1-2 years of experience in sales/recruiting and data analytics
- Previous experience in private higher education undergraduate
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to use University software to create & maintain
student admissions records
- Ability to write, analyze and develop comprehensive
- Strong analytical abilities
Human Relations Skills:
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational
- Client focused sense of urgency and responsiveness.
- Ability to listen effectively, work independently and as part
of a team.
- Strong ability to manage multiple tasks and
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Sensitivity to the needs of students
- Must have valid driver's license and be insurable under the
- This position requires weekend and/or evening hours
- Candidates must be willing and able to support and advance the
Job Number: #2021-050
Please reference job #2021-050 and submit cover letter and resume to: CUcareers@carrollu.edu
100 N. East Avenue
Waukesha, WI 53186
Carroll University does not discriminate in any manner contrary to law or justice on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran's status in administration of programs or in the employment of faculty and staff. EOE