Administrative Assistant, Technology
Administrative Assistant, Technology
Main Campus - Boston, MA
Located in Boston's historic Fenway area, Simmons has a strong tradition of empowering women and challenging traditional gender roles. Simmons University was one of the first higher education institutions to prepare women to become leaders and has evolved to become a university offering a women's undergraduate program and graduate programs open to all.
You're joining our community at an especially exciting time as one of our strategic goals is to become the most inclusive campus in New England. You'll find that people who work here are truly committed to our mission of preparing students to become champions of social justice and leaders in their professions and their communities. This commitment and pride make for a dynamic workplace.
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university that prioritizes diversity, equity, and inclusion, we encourage applications from all under-represented groups and are focused on inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer.
Simmons University is looking for an Administrative Assistant to join the Technology Department. Reporting to the Chief Information Officer (CIO), the Administrative Assistant will play a critical role in maintaining the functionality and success of the Technology organization. The Administrative Assistant will support the leadership team in day-to-day operations including calendar and logistics management, meeting and presentation preparation, as well as data management and integrity.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a very fast paced, data-driven, and highly energized environment. Successful candidates will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and work with limited supervision. As a University committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, we seek candidates who embody these values and have demonstrated success in working with individuals across a broad spectrum of identities and perspectives.
Calendar & Meeting Coordination:
- Coordinate calendars for the CIO and the Technology leadership team using judgment to prioritize and commit leadership time for meetings, appointments and travel based on an in-depth understanding of the Office's priorities and needs;
- Coordinate meeting logistics including location reservations, catering and equipment;
- Prepare meeting materials and presentations;
- Draft and distribute meeting agendas.
- Answer phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties or take messages;
- Support research activity, compile data, and prepare papers for consideration and presentation by enrollment executives for committees and boards of trustees;
- Attend meetings to record minutes;
- File and retrieve college documents, records reports;
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email;
- Write and manage communications from the Technology and Administration department to the University;
- Identify and write key articles for the monthly newsletter from each department;
- Help to develop project-based communications plans;
- Assist with graphic design for newsletter and infographics;
- Maintain the confidentiality of sensitive and restricted communication both coming from and going to students and families, trustees, and upper management.
Administrative Operations & Projects:
- Provide high-level administrative support to the CIO and the Technology leadership team;
- Perform general office duties, such as ordering supplies, maintaining records, management of database systems, and performing basic bookkeeping work;
- Serve as a liaison between all departments on the behalf of Technology and Administration;
- Support cross-collaborative projects between various organizations and functions i.e. training programs, seminars, meetings, project work;
- Communicate and liaise with all levels in the organization, with a focus on senior and executive management;
- Support the department's annual Performance Review Process.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent professional experience;
- 3+ years of relevant experience preferred but not required;
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization, including trustees, senior leadership, managers, faculty, and staff;
- Strong organization and communication skills and the ability to work independently;
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure while efficiently making deadlines;
- Ability to handle confidential information discretely;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, experience with the Google Suite of applications a plus;
- Comfortable with learning new technology and software.
Required Application Materials:
- Cover Letter
Instructions to Applicants: Please upload all applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the "Resume/CV" box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Administrative-Assistant--Technology_R07073
Located in Boston’s historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.