Infant-Toddler Mental Health Consultant
Infant-Toddler Mental Health Consultant - Hourly
Institute for Parenting
This opportunity is for a master's-level licensed mental health worker with knowledge of infant and early childhood development to provide mental health consultation to home-based infant-toddler programs in the City of New York, learning and implementing the Infant Toddler Climate of Healthy Interactions for Learning & Development (IT-CHILD) measure and collecting data for the measure developers at the Yale Child Study Center, as part of a Phase I project lasting until December 31, 2020. The Infant-Toddler Mental Health Consultant will work on this project part-time from 10 to 20 hours per week (minimum 20%FTE, maximum 40%FTE). This is funded by a grant from the Robin Hood Foundation to the Yale Child Study Center.
POSITION REPORTS TO : Director
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
Consultant Core Competencies:
1. Demonstrated Knowledge of Early Childhood Development, Mental Health, and Early Care and Education (ECE)
2. Engagement, Relationship Building, and Collaboration with Families and Caregivers
3. Observation, Screening, and Data Collection Skills
4. Technical Assistance: Action Plan Development and Strategy Implementation
5. Community Systems, Partnerships, and Resources
6. The Consultative Role: Professional Standards and Reflective Practice
a. Show flexibility and comfort working in natural environments such as homes or other non-traditional clinical settings (parks, etc.).
b. Demonstrate understanding of early childhood mental health consultation as building the mental health capacities of caregivers, families, and others who care for young children.
c. Integrate the principles of the consultative stance in implementing the measure and providing services.
1. Knowledge of infant and early childhood development
2. Knowledge of infant and early childhood care and education
3. Empathic listener demonstrating cultural humility
4. Ability to engage with diverse providers of infant-toddler care
5. Observe and uphold ethical standards
6. Learn and follow IT-CHILD protocols
7. Computer proficiency, including use of distance learning platforms
8. Maintain required records for data collection and provide data in a timely manner
9. Learn and follow research protocols for handling of data
10. Telehealth and/or remote work when recommended
11. Bilingual Spanish/other languages a plus
12. Pass health and background checks required by governing authority
13.Have active malpractice insurance
1. Licensed Mental Health Provider
This is an hourly position not to extend beyond December 31, 2020 and to be reimbursed at the hourly rate of $34.00 for a minimum of 7.5 hours per week, and a maximum of 20 hours per week for a minimum of eight weeks according to the agreed-upon scope of work within each consultant's agreement with Adelphi University Institute for Parenting.
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university dedicated to transforming students' lives through small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational university, serving almost 8,000 students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers more than 60 undergraduate programs, more than 65 master's degree and doctoral programs, and more than 35 certificate programs in the liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 116,000 graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from 43 states and 64 countries, and rising rankings from top publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
- Back Share
To apply, visit https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADELPHI&cws=39&rid=2451