Executive Director of Marketing, Communications and Public Affairs
The Executive Director is a visionary and innovative leader who is responsible for developing and implementing strategic and integrated communication, marketing, and branding plans that: differentiate Oregon Tech from its competitors; promote the Oregon Tech brand; and enhance Oregon Tech’s reputation as the premier Polytechnic University in Oregon, the Pacific Northwest, and beyond. Additionally, the Executive Director is responsible for balancing communications, providing strategic guidance, and cultivating collaborative relationships across the various University departments.
The Executive Director will develop and implement effective and compelling messaging and comprehensive communication plans to improve communications with internal Oregon Tech stakeholders across all Oregon Tech campuses and locations and with external stakeholders, including prospective students, parents, alumni, donors, industry partners and collaborators, and other critical regional and national audiences
The Executive Director is responsible for leading a team of public relations, marketing, and communications professionals (including freelance and contracted workers), promoting Oregon Tech’s Mission and Strategic Plan and providing strategic direction and coordinating communications produced by other academic and administrative units.
The Executive Director assists in researching and writing speeches, developing talking points, and preparing presentations for delivery by the President and, when directed, other Executive Team members.
The Executive Director facilitates planned and crisis communications; oversees the Oregon Tech’s branding presence and ensures a consistent messaging to Oregon Tech’s identified target markets and building relationships to facilitate exposure of Oregon Tech achievements; and provides counsel on media relations to the President and the Executive Team.
• Bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing,
communications, or a related field
• At least seven (7) years of experience demonstrating comprehensive knowledge and understanding of public relations, promotions, marketing, writing, editing, communications, and project management
• Experience in developing and implementing strategic marketing and communication plans
• At least four (4) years of project, budget, and personnel management skills
• An understanding of social media, blogging, and advocacy campaigns and their application to students, alumni, contributors, and partners
• Strong media relations, executive and internal communications, management, and crisis communications skills
• Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills, including public speaking and articulating ideas clearly and succinctly.
• Ten (10) years of experience in public relations, promotions,
marketing, writing, editing, communications, and project
• Work experience in higher education
• Graduate degree in journalism, communications, or related field
• Expertise in content marketing
• Strong skills in analyzing information, situations, practices and procedures to define problems, identify relevant concerns and formulate logical and objective conclusions and recognize alternatives
• Excellent strategic planning and resource management skills with demonstrated experience administering a complex operation with multiple objectives and points of view with limited resources.
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Klamath Falls
- Business & Administrative Affairs Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Klamath Falls
- Executive Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Klamath Falls
- Executive Directors Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Klamath Falls
- Editing & Publications Management Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Klamath Falls