Cloud Technologies, School of Cybersecurity & Information Technology - Adjunct Faculty
Adjunct Faculty Cloud Technologies UMGC Stateside Location: Aberdeen, MD; Fort Meade, MD; Fort Detrick, MD; or Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek, VA University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) seeks adjunct faculty to teach onsite in the School of Cybersecurity & Information Technology. Specifically, we are seeking faculty for the following course: Cloud Technologies (CMIT 326): (Designed to help prepare for the CompTIA Cloud+ and AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner certification exams.) A hands-on study of basic cloud technologies. The aim is to apply the techniques and tools used in cloud environments, especially the AWS (Amazon Web Services) cloud. Topics include the global infrastructure of the cloud, deployment and operation in various cloud environments, high availability, scalability, elasticity, security, and troubleshooting. AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud are compared. Required Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in a related field from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Interested faculty MUST have ACTIVE and CURRENT CompTIA Cloud+ and AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner certifications
- Professional experience in Computer Science or related field
- You must meet the minimum technology requirements, which can be reviewed at https://www.umuc.edu/visitors/careers/facultyrecruit/upload/Adjunct-Faculty-Minimum-Technology-Requirements.pdf
- Experience teaching adult learners online and in higher education is strongly preferred.
- This position is specifically to teach onsite in Aberdeen, MD; Fort Meade, MD; Fort Detrick, MD; or Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek, VA
- Resume/ Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter highly preferred
- If selected, candidates with international degrees may be required to submit translation/ degree evaluation from a NACES approved Vendor.
- Actively engage students through frequent interaction that motivates them to succeed, and conveys a genuine energy and enthusiasm for their learning.
- Guide students in active collaboration and the application of their learning in problem- and project-based learning demonstrations.
- Provide rich and regular constructive feedback, utilizing rubrics effectively for the assessment of student work, and acknowledging student accomplishments.
- Demonstrate relevant and current subject-matter expertise, and help students connect concepts across their academic program.
- Provide feedback to your program chair on possible curricular improvements.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Commensurate with Experience Part Time jobs in Glenarden
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Adjunct Commensurate with Experience Part Time jobs in Glenarden
- Computer Sciences & Technology Adjunct Commensurate with Experience Part Time jobs in Glenarden
- Other Science & Technology Adjunct Commensurate with Experience Part Time jobs in Glenarden