CELL AND MOLECULAR BIOLOGY
FULL TIME FACULTY POSITION IN CELL AND MOLECULAR BIOLOGY
UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE AND HEALTH SCIENCES – ST. KITTS
Starting Date of Position: The opening is available immediately and will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. Starting date is flexible.
The University of Medicine and Health Sciences (UMHS) is a four-year school of medicine located in St. Kitts, W.I. with corporate offices in New York City. UMHS is currently expanding its Cell and Molecular Biology department and is recruiting a new faculty member to fill a recently-created position. This will involve instructing students in medical cell and molecular biology, and possibly segments in other medical courses as assigned by the Dean. The position will involve classroom teaching as well as holding daily office hours. In addition to classroom teaching hours the position will require serving on university committees as well as some research involvement with student and faculty research projects
UMHS is committed to educating uniquely skilled and diverse medical professionals eager to meet the need for physicians in various settings throughout the United States and the world. With a focus on quality patient care and utilizing the latest in advanced technological instruction and personalized education, our aim is to produce genuinely passionate physicians highly prepared for practice in a changing medical landscape. This position will also involve academic advising and guidance with a segment of assigned students. This position is full time and requires living on the beautiful island of St. Kitts, B.W.I.
Cell and Molecular Biology Course Description: This course develops the necessary understanding of how the cell functions at the cellular, organelle and molecular levels. Students are exposed to a wide variety of topics, such as cell structures and their functions, membrane transport, signal transduction, DNA replication and repair, transcription, translation, regulation of gene expression, cancer and molecular biology techniques.
The successful candidate will be responsible for team-teaching the three credit medical genetics course and the six credit cell and molecular biology course. The UMHS calendar year has three fifteen week semesters, with two to three weeks break between semester for faculty leave. Responsibilities include:
- Developing and providing students with approved syllabi and learning objectives;
- Organizing, preparing, and regularly updating course content;
- Delivering effective lectures utilizing a variety of teaching techniques and state of the art teaching technologies;
- Preparing and administering examinations, grading in a timely manner, and providing feedback to students;
- Focusing on student success by being available to students during non-teaching time;
- Serving on faculty committees;
- Strong attention to detail, self-motivated, and demonstrates organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, learning management systems, and Excel.
- Strong oral, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to diversity, personal mentorship, professionalism, collaboration, mutual respect and student advocacy.
- Must be a self-starter, student oriented and have good management skills in working with faculty and students.
- Academic credentials: Ph.D. Molecular Biology or Genetics and/or related field from an accredited school preferably in the US or Canada.
- At least four years’ experience in teaching medical cell and molecular biology.
Please send a letter of interest and accompanying resume via email to email@example.com.
Please view our beautiful island and our state-of-the-art campus on our website: www.umhs-sk.org
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Biology & Life Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Kitts and Nevis